What amp is good for a Eleuke?

UkuleleLee

Reaction score
I recently ordered a Jazz Style Sunburst Tenor EleUke.. and I was wondering what kind of amp would be best suited for this.
I want an amp that can sort of get rid of the "tinny" sound of a lot of EleUkes.. I prefer an electric guitar sound.

Much thanks!
John

I've got a Roland Cube 20 xl it comes with loads of effects to play with including a heavy octave wich makes your uke sound like its tuned an octave lower.

also other nice stuff like chorus phaser reverb and delay.

and It's not too expensive.

the roland micro cube is also alot of fun to play with its not that much cheaper and has less effects but it can run on batteries and it has a loud enough bark for practicing at home

but my best advice is to take the eleuke to the music store and try some amps and see what you like

Your safest bet is to try amps out for yourself.

I know that's a cliche answer, but every instrument is different, and most people have poor recording equipment, so youtube clips aren't always the best way to research amps.

Roland's Cube series of amp is a very safe bet for Eleuke.
I use a Microcube. It gives you not only 1 amp sound, but many many different sound options and effects built in.

We never could warm to the Roland sound in our house. If you want a similar-but-better (just opinion!) amp, then the Vox DA5 comes into play. I especially like that I can flip a switch on the back and go down from 5 watts to .5 - it helps if you want to shred quietly.

An acoustic amp would be ideal, but they're generally bigger and don't have all the crunchy modeling fun.

Top Bottom