Any UUBL supporters so you will know..

Tudorp

Big guy with a lil' uke..
UU VIP
Reaction score
Hey my Uke Pukes. Many of you know some about my medical history from a few months back. I don't want to go into detail here, but, when I was at the obeisity clinic for awhile, I went through allot of training. Pretty much teaching me how to live. How to make healthy choices. Food nutrition, and how our bodies work with it. Anyway.. Moving forward, what I learned from that place has saved my life, and I made it a life long goal to pay that forward and go advocate for better healthier living. Yeah, I'm still a real big fat guy, but have lost over 85 pounds to date in just a few short months. I still have over 200 to go, but Im in it for the long haul, and I WILL be a healthy weight over the next year to year and a half.

That said, I plan to regularly post in the UUBL group threads things I have learned, that has worked for me. I have also always been quite the cook, taking after my father and grand father. The men in my family have always been the cooks of the family. I have taken my genetic skills passed down to me, and focusing that on healthier eating and cooking. I will also share recipes I have played with and developed that concentrate on lower calorie without sacrificing flavor. Believe me, us fat fokes want their flavors, hahha.. Some of the stuff I have developed even make ya feel like you are cheating, but your not. I have been asked by many to write a cook book using my new education mixed with my cooking skills. Write the book by a fat guy, for fat foke that want to find health again. Someday I might. But for now, the info is free if ya want to pick it out of my unorganized ramblings.

Join the group and feel free to read and use as much as ya like.

God Bless

Tudorp,
This is a great idea! I'm really glad (and IMPRESSED!) that you've already lost that much weight in such a short time.

That's fantastic Tudorp! Some of us need all the help we can get with cooking & eating properly. Nutrition is so basic, and yet our modern lifestyles & convenience foods get in the way.

DO you have a blog? If not, you might consider it. Some people have gone from blogging to getting a book published. Good luck!

Fran

Hi Fran, you are correct. Nutrition, and eating right IS really easy. The biggest problem is people don't realize that. It is basic. There are some more deeper subjects, that is helpful to know, but ya really dont have to go that deep to get the basic understanding.

When I left the center, I was sort of flattered, because the staff came to me almost in tears, because I had started researching, and digging for info. I even started teaching classes there that got very popular and successful very quickly. They were wanting me to come there and teach on the payroll, but I live too far away to do that.

I barely know what a blog is, but people have suggested that. I really should take alot of my ramblings and congregrate them into one spot. I actually hate writting because my spelliing and grammer are horrible. Sometimes spell checker cant figure out what I am trying to spell enough to give me suggestions.. lol

But thanks, even poor spelling and grammer, my mission is to help others get healthy, and get to a healthy weight.

I am with you Tudorp.. after my own weight loss journey started.. (down 75-80 lbs) I got certified as a personal trainer.. and I am working on my master degree in holistic nutrition.. LOVE IT.. love helping others..

Thats awesome. I have thought about gaining some formal education on the subject myself. I may when I meet my goals. I think it is very important for people like us that have personally fought obiesity, especially morbid obeisity to share their successes to help others who are suffering. The biggest reason, is because no one can fully understand unless they have been inprisoned in their own bodies themselves. Stuborn foke like myself has never taken advice seriously from any trainer or scolar on the subject that has never lived and fought the problem themselves. This is why I feel it is so important for those of us that has, to jump on that bandwagon and help others. Thanks for doing that.

The group page can be found here for those of you trying to find it.

Very inspirational!

Am now reading THe Four Hour Body, to get myself re-enthused!

Great job Tudorp !!

I have fought weight gain all my life as well as type 1 diabetes, I am always excited about people wanting to share healthy lifestyle ideas with others.

I got certified as a USA Cycling coach in December and am currently working on my USA Triathlon cert as well. I love helping others learn about the benefits of fitness.

My biggest issue is trying to find quick stuff (well grapefruit and apples are always quick :)) that I can eat as soon as I get home from bike riding in the evening so that I can get right to bed and still get up to swim in the morning.

So..... fast non fast food recipes I am always on the look out for

Peace and Health

Michael

thanks ya'll.. This is an old thread dug up. But, several months after this thread, glad to say I am still at it. I was at 85 lbs lost at the time I posted this. Now at 130 lb loss and still going. Pretty much most my recipes are fairly quick. But, for something to grab for a snack, Kelloggs has these chip things, not sure what exactly they are, but they are good, fill the craving for chips and things, and only about 100 calories for 26 chips or something like that. I'll grab 10 chips and be done with the fast craving. But my big thing is staying away from processed foods.. Almost all I cook is fresh (well, these chips are processed, but stay away from processed when I can)

I am with you Tudorp.. after my own weight loss journey started.. (down 75-80 lbs) I got certified as a personal trainer.. and I am working on my master degree in holistic nutrition.. LOVE IT.. love helping others..

Yay fitncrafty! I'm looking at Pilates and yoga certifications now. I used to teach martial arts, and was a trainer a while ago. Going back into gym culture now is fascinating!

thanks ya'll.. This is an old thread dug up. But, several months after this thread, glad to say I am still at it. I was at 85 lbs lost at the time I posted this. Now at 130 lb loss and still going. Pretty much most my recipes are fairly quick. But, for something to grab for a snack, Kelloggs has these chip things, not sure what exactly they are, but they are good, fill the craving for chips and things, and only about 100 calories for 26 chips or something like that. I'll grab 10 chips and be done with the fast craving. But my big thing is staying away from processed foods.. Almost all I cook is fresh (well, these chips are processed, but stay away from processed when I can)

That is awesum Tudorp!!

I'm with you, I try to eat fresh/non processed as much as possible. Fruits, Veges, Frozen is an ok option (I like the taste of fresh better) I have been studying nutrition independantly (to survive) since I was diagnosed in 1974, I may even get a nutrition cert one day :)

Great things!

Michael

That is awesum Tudorp!!

I'm with you, I try to eat fresh/non processed as much as possible. Fruits, Veges, Frozen is an ok option (I like the taste of fresh better) I have been studying nutrition independantly (to survive) since I was diagnosed in 1974, I may even get a nutrition cert one day :)

Great things!

Michael

I also season with very little salt anymore. I used to be addicted to salt, and having high BP we all know that isn't a good thing. I still use it, but very little. I find these days that the actual taste of food is better than I thought the salt was I was tasting before. I am enjoying food more now because I cut the salt way down. I season allot using herbs, love garlic, I grate a tad of lemon or even orange peel and that cuts the craving for salt really. It has a slight zing to it that salt gives ya. Anyway, there are so many spices you will never get bored trying new ones to work with.

Nutrition, and eating right IS really easy. The biggest problem is people don't realize that. It is basic.
Well, it can be. :)

But Americans, in general, eat way too much overly processed, fried, fast food and sugar/HFCS, and they eat way too much of everything. That is how most of today's overweight generation has been raised.

Sure, a McD's burger and fries once a month isn't going to kill you by itself. But you don't have to "supersize" it. I think by default, kids combos come with fries and soda. You have to ask, but they will substitute apple slices and milk instead. We need to get kids into eating healthier before they grow into overweight adults.

Tudorp, I truly applaud your efforts and progress. :)

Top Bottom