UUBL Winter 2011 Final Results posted!!!!

UkuleleHill

Reaction score
The results are in!!!

week12.png

And the winners are!!!!

1st - Kvowens89!!!

2nd - dkcrown!!

3rd - Mim!

Congrats to all the winners!!!

Week 1
Code:
[U]Player:[/U]              [U] Percent Lost:[/U]     [U]Total Loss[/U]
fitncrafty              0.90%              0.90%
RyRod                   0.65%              0.65%
ADD                     0.00%              0.00%
Ukulelerob              4.15%              4.15%
UkuleleHill             0.43%              0.43%
Mim                     4.07%              4.07%
Penguinofsorts          0.74%              0.74%
Tudorp                  0.90%              0.90%
csr5z                   0.00%              0.00%
misterpk               -1.96%             -1.96%
haolejohn               2.09%              2.09%
JT Ukes                 1.95%              1.95%
Kvowens89               2.91%              2.91%
Pueo                    1.04%              1.04%
wickedwahine11          1.79%              1.79%
Willyboy                1.79%              1.79%
dkcrown                 2.30%              2.30%
Swedgin                 3.04%              3.04%
Total Weight Lost: 63.60 lbs!

Week 2
Code:
fitncrafty              1.21%              2.10%
RyRod                  -0.43%              0.22%
Ukulelerob              1.08%              5.18%
UkuleleHill             0.43%              0.85%
Mim                     0.60%              4.64%
Penguinofsorts          0.94%              1.67%
Tudorp                  0.18%              1.08%
misterpk                1.52%             -0.41%
haolejohn              -0.74%              1.37%
JT Ukes                 0.55%              2.46%
Kvowens89               2.72%              5.56%
Pueo                    0.00%              1.04%
wickedwahine11         -1.01%              0.79%
Willyboy                1.21%              2.98%
dkcrown                 2.87%              5.10%
Swedgin                 1.05%              4.05%
Total Weight Lost: 92.60 lbs!

Week 3
Code:
fitncrafty              0.41%              2.50%
RyRod                   0.32%              0.54%
Ukulelerob              1.09%              6.22%
UkuleleHill             0.43%              1.28%
Mim                     0.96%              5.56%
Penguinofsorts          1.95%              3.59%
Tudorp                  1.09%              2.17%
misterpk                1.64%              1.24%
haolejohn               1.39%              2.74%
JT Ukes                 0.62%              3.10%
Kvowens89               1.19%              6.68%
Pueo                   -0.22%              0.82%
wickedwahine11          0.20%              0.99%
Willyboy                1.84%              4.76%
dkcrown                 1.88%              6.89%
Swedgin                -0.35%              3.72%
Total Weight Lost: 125.25 lbs!

Week 4 Results

Week 5 Results

Week 6 Results

The winners of the half way challenge are:

1st: TV Pal uke- Kvowens89
2nd: $15.00 I-Tunes gift card- Penguinofsorts
3rd: Aquilla high G soprano strings- Gmoney

Congrats to the winners!!!

Week 7 Results

Week 8 Results

week9.png

week10.png

week11.png

Last edited:
This is where we will post the results for each week. Also please feel free to discuss in this post as you feel the need! :)

I AM SO DAMN HUNGRY!!!!!!!

ok I feel better now...

I AM SO DAMN HUNGRY!!!!!!!

ok I feel better now...

Eat.. don't starve yourself.. High fiber foods will keep you satisfied longer.. Take a look at this website.. thefullplatediet.com and eatbetteramerica has some good recipes too.. I alter a lot of them too..

Eat.. don't starve yourself.. High fiber foods will keep you satisfied longer.. Take a look at this website.. thefullplatediet.com and eatbetteramerica has some good recipes too.. I alter a lot of them too..

Oh awesome!! Thanks for the links! :) I usually eat a baked potato when I am hungry, I find it helps :) But I am going to check those sites out for sure!

K first of all: Andy, best pic ever. The incredibles rocks. Secondly: so hungry lol. I am eating much more reasonable sized plates and my stomach thinks it's a terrible idea. Thank goodness for my beautiful wife cooking me delicious and healthy foods.

no worries, I know how to eat right and well, I was just venting for comedic effect :)

sall good... ( he said on day 3... :) )

http://www.usatoday.com/yourlife/fitness/weight-loss-challenge/2011-01-03-WLCbesttips03_ST_N.htm

This is the time of year when many people gear up to lose weight. For the past 25 years, USA TODAY has been offering readers practical advice on how to trim down in the annual Weight-Loss Challenge series. Nutrition reporter Nanci Hellmich shares 25 of the best tips from over the years.
1. Set a realistic weight-loss goal. Most experts recommend aiming for half a pound to 2 pounds a week.

2. Keep track. Dieters who keep track of everything they eat lose twice as much weight as those who don't, research shows.

3. Motivate yourself. Get a pair of jeans or pants that are too tight and hang them in the kitchen instead of the closet to keep yourself inspired.

4. Get help from family and friends. Dieters who have support from a partner at home lose more weight than those who don't, studies show.

5. Move it to lose it. Research shows that people who do physical activities such as walking or biking for two to four hours a week during weight-loss efforts lose an extra 3 to 5 pounds over a year.

6. Pay attention to portions. A 3-ounce portion of meat, poultry or fish is about the size of the palm of your hand or a deck of cards; 1 teaspoon of butter or margarine, a standard postage stamp; a cup of cold cereal, berries or popcorn, a baseball; 4-inch pancake or waffle, the diameter of a CD.

7. Clean out your pantry and refrigerator. Get rid of the foods that sabotage your weight loss.

8. Create "a dinner deck." This would include 10 favorite quick and healthful dinners written on index cards. Each card should list the ingredients for the recipe on one side and directions for making it on the other.

9. Avoid hunger. Eat regular meals and snacks. Make sure you have some protein foods such as yogurt, tuna, beans or chicken for most meals. Some research suggests that protein helps you feel full longer.

10. Keep produce on hand. Place a bowl of vegetables such as broccoli, snap peas, cucumbers or carrot sticks in the refrigerator. You can eat them as a snack or when preparing meals to take the edge off your hunger.

11. Stock up on "impulse fruits." Keep things like grapes, clementines, small apples, small bananas and pears around the house. These foods are easy to eat without having to do much cutting and slicing.

12. Make some stealth changes. That will get everyone in the family eating healthier. Buy low-fat 1% or skim milk, low-fat cream cheese and reduced-fat cheese instead of the full-fat versions. Use them in recipes to cut the fat and calories.

13. Cut out liquid calories. Eliminate soda and sugary drinks such as sweetened iced tea, sports drinks and alcoholic beverages. Liven up the taste of water by adding lemon, lime, cucumber or mint. Choose skim and 1% milk.

14. Practice the "Rule of One." When it comes to high-calorie foods, you won't go wrong if you allow one small treat a day. That might be one cookie or a fun-sized candy bar.

15. Pace, don't race. Force yourself to eat more slowly and savor each bite.

16. Hydrate before meals. Drinking 16 ounces, or two glasses, of water before meals may help you eat less.

17. Downsize plates, bowls, glasses, silverware. Using smaller versions of your serving ware will help you eat less food naturally.

18. Adopt the motto "after 8 is too late" for snacks after dinner.

19. Buy a pedometer. Health experts recommend taking at least 10,000 steps a day, which is roughly 4 to 5 miles, depending on your stride length.

20. Treat yourself occasionally. If your chocolate craving is getting to you, try diet hot-chocolate packets. If you need a treat, go out for it or buy small prepackaged portions of ice cream bars. If you love chocolate, consider keeping bite-size pieces in the freezer.

21. Dine at a table. Eat from a plate while seated at a table. Don't eat while driving, lounging on the couch or standing at the fridge.

22. Dine out without pigging out. Figure out what you are going to eat in advance. Get salad dressing on the side. Restaurants usually put about one-quarter cup (4 tablespoons) of dressing on a salad, which is often too many calories. Best to stick with 1 to 2 tablespoons. Dip your fork into the dressing and then into the salad.

23. Get plenty of sleep. Scientists have found that sleep deprivation increases levels of a hunger hormone and decreases levels of a hormone that makes you feel full. The effects may lead to overeating and weight gain.

24. Weigh yourself regularly. That's what successful dieters and those who manage to maintain weight loss do. Some step on the scales once a week. Others do so daily.

25. Reward yourself. When you meet your incremental weight loss goals, say losing 5 pounds, treat yourself to something — but not food. Buy a CD or DVD you've been wanting or go out to a movie with a friend.

Source: USA TODAY research; nutrition bloggers: registered dietitians Dawn Jackson Blatner, Elizabeth Ward, Bonnie Taub-Dix and Keith Ayoob

First day back at the gym for me today after a 1 1/2 year abscence. It felt great to sweat in the winter. Started off a little slow but did 30 minutes on the eliptical and 15 on the treadmill. I'm on my way.

Ugh, I jogged home from the gym today. It is only 1.5 miles but is uphill and I absolutely HATE running uphill. But at least the scenery changes as opposed to staring at myself on the treadmills -- why they put mirrors in front of the treadmills I'll never get. Weights, yes...treadmills, no. Plus there are no tvs or anything so I just end up staring at myself for the jog. It was cold outside (okay cold to me a Californian, probably 45 degrees) but at least I didn't have to watch myself.

Still, the gym in general is not my problem, I am willing to drag myself there. It is the diet that always kills me in the end.

Ugh, I jogged home from the gym today. It is only 1.5 miles but is uphill and I absolutely HATE running uphill. But at least the scenery changes as opposed to staring at myself on the treadmills -- why they put mirrors in front of the treadmills I'll never get. Weights, yes...treadmills, no. Plus there are no tvs or anything so I just end up staring at myself for the jog. It was cold outside (okay cold to me a Californian, probably 45 degrees) but at least I didn't have to watch myself.

Still, the gym in general is not my problem, I am willing to drag myself there. It is the diet that always kills me in the end.

I totally agree about the mirrors... Luckily usually they have tv's on that you can watch instead of yourself.

Along the lines of the diet/lifestyle change I always have a rough start getting used to replacing things at first... Once I get things replaced and get my habits in order I will be good... I just hate getting my habits in order lol

Don't attempt a million dietary/lifestyle changes at once - People often bite off far more than they can chew and get discouraged when they struggle to stay committed. Just gradually alter things, break your changes down into mini goals and accomplish them one a time. I suggest to keep a written record of everything too - it can be really satisfying to see progress and can also help you spot any patterns forming your routines. Sometimes minor tweaks can make a big difference.

Treadmills can get tedious - take a book or magazine to read and use it to cover the digital display if you have a tendency of staring at it. I've also found that a lot of people find cycling (either inside our outside of the gym) far more enjoyable. We tend to subconsciously associate it with childhood and don't find it as boring. I agree that mirrors can be a pain in the butt but if you've got no way of avoiding them at the gym then try your best to use them to your advantage. Look at the things about yourself that you want to change and turn it into motivation to go those extra 5 minutes. These suggestions won't apply to everyone but I hope they might help one or two. Different people are motivated in different ways but it does come and go for everyone. It's just about finding the ways that work best for you.

Have a good day! Feel free to PM me if you need help with anything.

I keep starting to check in here... and then I get a few sentences out and end up having to do something else. Anyway, so far, so good. Trying to set mini-goals. I have a lot of different fun things coming up, so I keep telling myself... "By this event I would like to be this far..." "By this event I will try to be this far...". I have been doing fitness stuff on my Kinect game system... I LOVE my gym, but have not had time to go because it is not very close to my house and life is so busy. But I try to not allow myself any excuses for not at least doing a 1/2 hour in the morning. This week I know the loss will be great. The first week always is, expecially after a holiday splurge. By problem is gonna be in a few weeks! I seem to fall off the wagon. Especially when I go out of town. I have NAMM this week and Florida the following month.

Hello kids....yeah, she's back here. Need some help. I'm turning 50 in two months and don't want to do it in this body. I post....Well, I post a lot. So just ignore my ramblings, scroll past them and let me vent and bitch about things. Thanks.

Just got back from the gym. Thanks for the suggestion of reading to make the treadmill less tedious when there is no tv (only a mirror). Unfortunately, that won't work for me as I'm jogging, not walking most of it. I did do my treadmill intervals today (which I hate). I do bike three days a week -- which is fine since I do read my gossip magazines on it so the time goes quickly. I run home from the gym one day a week (the uphill 1.5 mile I complained about before) and I do intervals two days a week. I've been doing this cardio regimen for a year, and did take off 8 pounds without dieting with it (of the 25 I lost over the last couple of years) but now that I'm trying to lose more I have to combine the diet -- which is the part that is tough for me.

If you want to try intervals, they are only 21 minutes but they really kick your butt. The level that you do is entirely determined upon your level of fitness. Right now, mine goes like this: warmup (3.5 for two minutes) interval 1 (4.0) for one minute, interval 2 (4.5) for one minute, interval 3 (5.0) for one minute, interval 4 (5.5) for one minute -- that is the first six minutes. For the next 12 minutes you just repeat your intervals 1-4 each for a minute (so in my case 4.0/4.5/5.0/5.5) three more times around. On minute 18 you do a one minute sprint (for me it is 6.2), then you do a two minute cooldown (for me back to 3.5). I'm certainly not fast or in good shape, so I'm sure a lot of you would be doing much more (my spouse does 5.5/6/6.5/7 with a sprint at 8) but I started out doing it a lot slower last January (3.0/3.5/4/4.5) so at least I have improved. My general rule is that if I have two sessions in a row where I'm not exhausted on that cooldown, I have to up each interval by at least .1 the next time I do it.

It sucks and it isn't fun but for me it is a lot better than when I used to jog at 4.0 with a slight incline and had to do it for 40 minutes to burn the same amount of calories. It takes less time and the time does go faster since you are changing the treadmill each minute. If you get bored on the treadmill like I do, give it a go. :)

Hello kids....yeah, she's back here. Need some help. I'm turning 50 in two months and don't want to do it in this body. I post....Well, I post a lot. So just ignore my ramblings, scroll past them and let me vent and bitch about things. Thanks.

Does this mean you are going to be joining us? :)

Top Bottom