Banjo?

lordlogan

Reaction score
So as i was coming out of my ukulele lessons a few weeks ago a lady was trying to sell an old banjo i offered to buy it for ten bucks and now i have a banjo and it needs a new bridge and nut so idk how much that would cost.
But i recently got a grizzly ukulele building kit and im curious could i use the banjo neck instead of the neck that came with the kit and make a longer ukulele?

Thanks
Logan

Elderly.com sells banjo bridges for about $4. You may have to do a bit of measuring to make sure you get the right bridge so the action is right, but getting the three different sized bridges they offer isn't too expensive. I'm sure they would also sell nuts, but I haven't checked. The banjo neck may be too long to get a good scale uke, as the standard banjo scale is around 26". You would have to check how the neck is attached to see if it will come off easily. If it isn't glued on and just the dowel bracket is used it will come off easily.

Alright thanks much!

i'll probably buy the parts for it then!

is basic banjo as easy as basic ukulele?

cause i love bringing my uke to school since abunch of guitar playes bring their guitars and it'd just be extra amazing to show them up with a banjo

Alright thanks much!

i'll probably buy the parts for it then!

is basic banjo as easy as basic ukulele?

cause i love bringing my uke to school since abunch of guitar playes bring their guitars and it'd just be extra amazing to show them up with a banjo

Basic banjo is easy and fun. It is tuned to a G. The chords are fairly easy, but you need to stretch out your hands more than on a uke.

It needs to be set up properly. The bottom of the bridge and the nut will need to be filed and sanded down to get the right action.
It's usually well worth it to take it to a luthier or a music store and have it repaired and set up. Decent starter banjos usually cost around $300. If you end up spending another $50 - $100 , you still got a good deal.

Basic banjo is easy and fun. It is tuned to a G. The chords are fairly easy, but you need to stretch out your hands more than on a uke.

It needs to be set up properly. The bottom of the bridge and the nut will need to be filed and sanded down to get the right action.
It's usually well worth it to take it to a luthier or a music store and have it repaired and set up. Decent starter banjos usually cost around $300. If you end up spending another $50 - $100 , you still got a good deal.

Ahh alright, I really want to add it to my arsenal, I'll take it to a local music store and see how much they think it will be to repair.

Top Bottom