Showing at NAMM

Congratulations! Sounds lovely - those extra bass strings add so much depth!

Loving the Harp Ukulele! Is that a tenor size? How much are they going for? I expect they have to come with a case too. I remember when you were posting the plans for the early prototypes. Very exciting.

–Lori

I'd love to have one of these. What a remarkable instrument.

I'm not sure where aNueue are going with this project - we have exchanged mails and they have use of the plans; apart from producing the prototype, that is as far as they have gone.

The difficulty this company has is that it works as a 'wholesaler' and does not deal directly with retailers. They also have no 'on-line' shop. Bearing in mind the limited market for such an instrument I am not sure how they are going to distribute them - if they cannot resolve the issue I will seek to act as the sole distributor for these since I have confered the license to build to them.

In my days of making harp guitars I was amazed at the purity of the tone of these instruments and the clarity/bell-like sound of notes played passed the 2nd harmonic. When I built my prototype the same clarity was in the tenor harpuke. It is truly a fingerstyle instrument that lends itself to the lyrical style that harp-style instruments ellicit from performers. I am particularly impressed with aNueNue's build and tone. If you see this IRL (I haven't received mine for appraisal yet) please review here.

Last edited:
Sounds really nice. I hope you can work out the business side with them. Harp ukes may be a small slice of the uke market...but the uke market is much bigger than it used to be. I'm sure quite a few of these would find a nice home.

Top Bottom