How to survive the wiinter...

DeG

Reaction score
I learned a new snow removal technique I thought I would share with you guys...;)

963c76919d32f6e92b98a6bf976e644d1380546ed7f43fb3599c0903cde18f2e5g.jpg

Doh! Hey Mods, can someone fix my typo in the thread name? Guess my fingers are still cold from clearing snow...LOL!

Trying it now in Alabama?!? Doesn't seem to be working that way for me... DeG, need some of your "hot licks" over here in AL!

Hey, DeG!!! I've been thinking about you and the other Georgians. Are you holding up ok? Just a normal snow for us. :p

Here is Peachtree Street - the main thoroughfare through Atlanta:

Not too bad...I haven't been able to leave the house in 3 days so I'm getting a little stir crazy...I plan on trying to get to work tomorrow, though. I think the main roads are mostly OK, but getting out of my subdivision could still be a challenge. I don't ever remember being stuck in the house this long due to snow in when I lived up north, but it really makes a difference when there are no snow plows or salt trucks...

Arw, why didn't I think of that? That is awesome!! I'm gonna dig out my hockey skates and pray for more snow/ice!! Umm...on second thought.... :)

Here is Peachtree Street - the main thoroughfare through Atlanta:
Looks just like my streets pretty much every day this winter.... of course, we sand them pretty quickly, so skating isn't likely.
gallery_1_7_28959.jpg

That's taken looking south down my street, late December. Not a lot of ice, but more than 1m of snow fell in a few days.

Re: Iceskating on Peachtree St.

Thanks for posting that video! As a Georgia Tech alumnus, I enjoyed seeing Atlanta, again. (I'm in California now) I never saw that, however!

jeff

Top Bottom