What do you think Admiral Ackbar is? -- Help us decide!

What do you think Admiral Ackbar (from "Star Wars: Return of the Jedi" fame) is?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

3nails4holes

Reaction score
so, my wife and i got to chatting the other day about--of all things--admiral ackbar. and i've come to realize that my lovely wife of eight years holds a different opinion than me as to what adm. ackbar actually is.

here's your chance to weigh in.

yes, yes. we've all read wikipedia and even what the star wars databank says. it leaves too much to debate, even given the human name of the planet and species.

(seriously, i swear we are not cos-play uberfans who think that george l is a god.)

Attachments

• ackbar.jpg
    ackbar.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 4
  • ackbar-signed-ackbar.jpg
    ackbar-signed-ackbar.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 7
  • ackbar-rotj109.jpg
    ackbar-rotj109.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
My Star Wars freak spouse specifically identified him as a "Mon Calamari" -- hence, a squid, from a "largely water submerged planet." And I'm not kidding on the freak thing. I'm lucky we don't have a life size Yoda in our house. I'm afraid if we had a kid it would be named (against my will) after that green midget muppet.

I think Akbar is a Trap Detector.

song-chart-memes-admiral-ackbar.jpg

Or, perhaps a tasty meal.... Calamari is delicious, right??

ackbar-ham.jpg

http://www.starwars.com/databank/species/moncalamari/index.html

hmmm... when i earlier read adm. ackbar's entry into the sw databank, i didn't read that of mon calamari. does this help shed light on adm. ackbar or further muddy the waters?

i'm trying to remain impartial while the poll is going on. :)

Apparently, I have just been "schooled" that it is true. When I asked my better half for evidentiary proof, I was referred to the "Wookiepedia" entry: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Mon_Calamari.

Yup. I went with "other". Ackbar is 100% Mon Calamari.

JJ

tarp.jpg

LOL,, there's a local Oceanic Time Warner commercial out here featuring a semi hot, slightly unhinged Japanese chick that holds her dog as she professes love for all things syfi.... Her dog is named Admiral Akbar. Before I lived in Hawaii, I grew up in and worked in Dallas, Texas for 55 yrs. The law firm I worked at had a courier service and one of the couriers was Skandar Akbar, the old Wrestling Manager.....seriously....;-)

Top Bottom