Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Duke of Ukes Ukulele Giveaway!

Talking The Duke of Ukes Ukulele Giveaway!

Now that The Duke of Ukes is in full swing we would like to celebrate by offering a Gold Tone GU-100 Ukulele, complete with Hard Case, to one lucky Uker!

All you need to do to enter is Become A Fan of our Facebook page & compose a Ukulele inspired Limerick on the wall! How easy is that?

The winning entry will be the funniest, most clever poem & the number of Likes each receives will be taken into account, though will not necessarily be the determining factor. We will only be running this contest for 2 weeks, so get your entry in by January 31st! The winner will be announced February 1st, unless there is a massive number of last minute entries in which case we will need some extra time to fairly look at each of them.

The GU-100 is a fantastic little ukulele from Gold Tone that is based around the traditional Martin design. It comes complete with a fitted hard case & will give you years of dedicated service. It has a matte finish & excellent intonation.

So head over to our Facebook page & Become A Fan! Make sure to check back before the end of the month & Like your favorite rhyme!

Alas...I enjoy composing limericks but refuse to join Facebook for a number of complex but boring reasons that I won't get into here. I have been keeping an eye on your site, as you seem to be that rarest of commodities: a Canadian ukulele distributor. The very concept brings tears of joy to my eyes.

Good luck, Facebooker Limerickers.

Kem, I am not one to keep a good limericker down. Feel free to post yours here & with your permission I will post it to the page for you!

Liked and entered!
    philxbx's youtube videos

Mahalo U30. Cheap and nasty but does the job.
    1930's Keech Banjolele. Sweet and lots of fun!
    Lanikai LU-21 Pinapple.
    Lanikai LU-21 Tenor.

Just a reminder, I see people Liking the page, but I don't see any Ukulele Limericks going up on the wall! Make sure to read through the first post carefully for the contest requirements!

grr dont do facebook

a uke playing cowboy called murray
    played his sop-rano all over surrey
    he would strum it all day
    till the sun went away
    and his nights he would spend eating curry
    I have a lot of ukuleles, some big, some small and all different colours, 1 hand made,
    for my original songs go to krabbers for my covers go to krabberscovers
    other places myspace twitter instagram
    I also host the weekly Acoustic open mic and jam variety night UNPLUGTHEWOOD

can we make more than one entry?

I was thinking about my limerick, but I liked the page anyway, the limerick will come as soon as the muse hits me.

Great stuff guys =D I'm in
    Sticks of choice:
    Kanile'a K1 Concert - KoAloha DVI - Mainland Concert Mahogany - Ohana CK-75CG - Makala Dolphin

Got mine in...that was fun! Great contest 'n good luck to all.

Thread Information