new subject for a forum.

alexglasso87

Reaction score
Lennox head, 10 minutes south of byron bay
hey guys im not sure how this would go,

but i think an area where all us members can discuss our ukuleles that we play ourselves kind of like a rating system on members ukuleles.....

it would help me and im sure many others on deciding what ukulele is best for us, in Australia ppl in the music shops don't know squat about a ukulele's.

just a thought.

i agree with u there bro.. about trhe whole australia thing. The clost place i got was in Sydney and they had $20 mahalo's lol.. and a few baritones. Then the next place was at the gold coast.

but i guess these discussions would go in uke talk, so theres already a thread about it.

Kind of like posting a review for the uke that you have? Maybe this could be a sub-section in the ukulele marketplace. That would be neat and helpful too.

That is an awesome idea. I think we can probably provide something a little better than a forum board on the main site. Hmm let us work on it a little while and if we can't do it then, we'll just do a forum board.

Great Idea!

categories?

we can have picture of our ukuleles and see which uke is the most prettiest, stylish, etc. lol

Maybe create a category sheet with q's we can answer for each uke we own?
Something like:

Brand?
Type of wood?
Size of uke?
Price paid?
Where purchased?
Strings currently using on it?
Pick-up?

Volume 1 to 10
Workmanship 1 to 10
Sound quality 1 to 10
ETC?????

Finally we have an overall rating system based on "uke icons" instead of "stars" For example, maybe someone rates their Kamaka at 9 Ukes and their Oscar Schmidt at 6 UKES out of 10 overall?

Just an idea that would be user friendly and constitent and easy to interpret and read for us all...

soundexamples would be great. eventhough equal recordingquality will be hard to do

Maybe create a category sheet with q's we can answer for each uke we own?
Something like:

Brand?
Type of wood?
Size of uke?
Price paid?
Where purchased?
Strings currently using on it?
Pick-up?

Volume 1 to 10
Workmanship 1 to 10
Sound quality 1 to 10
ETC?????

Finally we have an overall rating system based on "uke icons" instead of "stars" For example, maybe someone rates their Kamaka at 9 Ukes and their Oscar Schmidt at 6 UKES out of 10 overall?

Just an idea that would be user friendly and constitent and easy to interpret and read for us all...

i like this. consistent, to the point, not too frilly.

Add nut width and string spacing at saddle to that list. Those are two factors that would probably be critical to deciding whether an uke is good for fingerstyle or not.

I'm wondering if it can be some sort of wiki-style database.

Maybe we could even piggy-back on Google's database app.

Add nut width and string spacing at saddle to that list. Those are two factors that would probably be critical to deciding whether an uke is good for fingerstyle or not.

I'm wondering if it can be some sort of wiki-style database.

Maybe we could even piggy-back on Google's database app.

good points!!! nut width and string spacing is a big factor to me, depending on whether i plan to strum only or to pick along with it.

Hang on guys. We're putting together something for user contributed ukulele reviews. It should be done by the end of Feb.

Top Bottom