lyle ukulele

paper moon

Reaction score
i'm not sure where I'm supposed to post this, but i have this ukulele. it is kind of old i think... it belonged to my great grandfather. it is called a lyle. "crafted for the discriminating musician. made in japan." a baritone ukulele. I like how it sounds and feels when i play it. i changed the tuning pegs on it though. they used to be tuning pegs from a baby electric guitar from the 90s because the old ones didn't work anymore. i did a search for it on google about this brand, and it just said lyle ritz jazz thing. is it a man this ukulele is named after? like lyle ritz was this guy that played ukulele jazz, and he was just so awesome that they named a ukulele about him? or that he loved ukulele sooooo much, that he only became a jazz musician, so that he could make money... to start his own ukulele company? and they made lyle ukulele's and people made lyle ritz ukulele jazz just because of his songs? does anyone know?

Attachments

• Photo 119.jpg
    Photo 119.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 53
  • Photo 127.jpg
    Photo 127.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 48
  • Photo 115.jpg
    Photo 115.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 46
  • Photo 140.jpg
    Photo 140.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 40
My wife bought one of those at a Junk store. We really liked it, didn't pay much for it either. The finish on it looked just like yours and it was also a Baritone. We sold it to one of the uke members in our club after a couple of years of playing it. Sometimes regret it now, it was fun to own.

Top Bottom