Hi I'm New here (like that's original) :)

eddyfinnguy

Reaction score
I work in the music industry, and was a professional touring musician until about 5 years ago. (Irish Music)

Here is a video I did with my band http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awF7ZZ-RFPE the lead is my Ex and that pretty much explains the "was a professional musician":p

Anyway, I am the kind of person who wants to believe in everything that I sell and know everything that I can about the products. We sell, audio, guitars, banjos, mandolins, fiddles etc... and at the Summer NAMM 2010 we introduced a banjo uke. So my first step was to talk one of the guys from the Chesboro booth (Eleuke) into showing me how to play it. (I am primarily a guitar player, but I have made it a point to learn how to play everything that we sell. A couple of people in the booth were kind enough to give me a brief tutorial and it was off to the races.

We had started this Eddie Finn Concept and Mim from Mim's Ukes turned me on to the UU!

I got one of our prototype EF ukes to practice on and started learning how to play. I have to say that I was very very suprised at how much fun it is!

Then Alderine walked into our booth on the first day last week and I was very excited by that, in addition I met Tim Szerlong from Ukeeku (and learned how to pronounce it after a couple of days, grin ) Plus Mim and Sally came in to the booth, I met a lot of ukulele people and I have to say after 16 years of doing NAMM shows, this was far and away the most fun I have ever had at one. (I was totally worn out before the show even started, but the fun factor,,, plus a lot of coffee kept me going)

OK, so here I am, I am going to be on the lurk, and hopefully with the help of all of you, my company can improve our uke line and have a better concept of what we can do to contribute to this community.

I am very excited to meet a lot more of you!

Peace, Love and Happiness

Michael

Welcome to the UU. Glad to have you with us.

Welcome to UU! Enjoy! Can't wait to smell the hole.

Aloha eddyfinnguy,
Welcome to UU and the forum. You'll love it here with all the info just a click away form friendly people. Enjoy your new found friend and much success with your venture.................BO...............

The word is out on the Hole :)

Something as important as hole smell is going to spread quickly...weird hole smellers...

Welcome! And lurking is for dorks. You need to post!

...for the record, I'm not calling anyone a dork. I am just encouraging people to become active members of the community.

That is all.

Last edited:
Welcome to UU! Sally told me all about you guys, and then I saw the Aldrine interview. I love what I am seeing so far from you all! I think an Eddie Finn is in my future someday! :)

It was great meeting you at NAMM. Your company definitely has the right attitude for the ukulele community. Mim and I tend to hang out in the leader board thread. Just click on latest posts at the top of the page and you'll find it, it's always active. The misfits there all know us and many of us will be at UWC. I do hope you and Guy can make it. It's held the first weekend in June in Needmore, Brown County, Indiana.

But I am a huge dork :)
Something as important as hole smell is going to spread quickly...weird hole smellers...

Welcome! And lurking is for dorks. You need to post!

...for the record, I'm not calling anyone a dork. I am just encouraging people to become active members of the community.

That is all.

It was great meeting you too Sally

Definitley you will see me at UWC!

I have a friend who has a cabin on Lake Lemon and I ride bikes in that area all the time. I can't speak for Guy but Rob and I will definitley be there, I have it on my calender. It is about 30 minutes south of our office.
It was great meeting you at NAMM. Your company definitely has the right attitude for the ukulele community. Mim and I tend to hang out in the leader board thread. Just click on latest posts at the top of the page and you'll find it, it's always active. The misfits there all know us and many of us will be at UWC. I do hope you and Guy can make it. It's held the first weekend in June in Needmore, Brown County, Indiana.

I have a friend who has a cabin on Lake Lemon and I ride bikes in that area all the time. I can't speak for Guy but Rob and I will definitley be there, I have it on my calender. It is about 30 minutes south of our office.

Thats awesome!

Welcome to the motleyest of motley crews, sir.

We've heard great things aboutcha!

I look forward to meeting you.

Are you guys just south of Indy? If so I will have to put you on my list of places to visit.

We are not exactly "south of Indy" we are on the south side of Indy. & while you are welcome to visit us, I have to say that there is not a lot of exciting stuff to see at our office and warehouse :) Funny thing though, my buddy who has the cabin is named Rob too, go figure.

Many of us stay at cabins on Lake Lemon.

We are not exactly "south of Indy" we are on the south side of Indy. & while you are welcome to visit us, I have to say that there is not a lot of exciting stuff to see at our office and warehouse :) Funny thing though, my buddy who has the cabin is named Rob too, go figure.

I'll keep you in mind. I'm always looking for an excuse to go visit.

Top Bottom