Republic is dumping their zebrawood spruce top concerts on ebay

Paul Cote

Reaction score
Just noticed on Ebay that Republic has more than ten Concert Solid Spruce Top with inlays and zebrawood bodys with a hard case for 119 a pop.

I saw that too - it seems like a good buy considering it comes with a HSC - about a $40 value.

I have no idea... they do look nice though... can't find any information on them, just people buying their resonators.

And here I just bought a concert Fluke! It certainly is a pretty uke, but I'm not aware of the brand or how they play. Looks like a good deal...

They look nice but I'm really puzzled - the main picture shows a real black tolex hard case with latches and gray interior - but then the third picture in the set shows a really cheap-looking canvas and foam "lightweight hard case." It looks much poorer than the "lightweight hard cases" we're used to seeing with some Lanikais and such.

John

yeah I am understanding this englemann spruce is nicer than sitka as a tonewood according to some research I am doing. I imagine the cheaper case would show up at that price. Who knows. I guess you could call them on the phone as they have a website and are right in TX.

http://www.republicguitars.com/contactus.html

I emailed and asked them about the case. They fixed their pictures on ebay. You get the nicer case.

Cool, I might have to pick one up, then. I'm not all that crazy about spruce tops on ukes but you can never have too many arrows in your quiver, right?

I just gave my 8-string tenor to a friend, so I do have this hole to fill... LOL

John

The spruce top on the Kala tenor I sold really gave it a brightness - I just never played the tenor size. I really need to save my money, but this price is VERY tempting to me.

Man, it looks like a deal for the price.
I'm lucky though, my particular strain of UAS is resistant to anything that has abalone. :wallbash:

It's a deal killer that really thins the herd.:stop:

I don't have a spruce top ukulele so am going for it... but yeah I guess it does rhyme with Baloney...

This deal is tempting. Please do a review (to whomever decides to purchase one) when you get a chance. I'm curious to know if it sounds as good as it looks. We've all seen those inlaid ukuleles that really look good but sounds only fair.

Last edited:
I just bought one! I'll post a review once I get it. It's just going from Dallas to Austin, so hopefully I'll have it by Wednesday or so.

I just bought one! I'll post a review once I get it. It's just going from Dallas to Austin, so hopefully I'll have it by Wednesday or so.

Cool! The guitars that they make are not cheap and they do have very good artist representation. I think there's a good chance that this will be a quality ukulele. Looking forward to your review!

Cool! The guitars that they make are not cheap and they do have very good artist representation. I think there's a good chance that this will be a quality ukulele. Looking forward to your review!

Ahh! Don't say that - It fans the flame of my UAS! :)

Top Bottom