Issue 17- Ukulele Player Magazine is online

Pippin

Reaction score
We have reviews of the Ohana SK-15, the Kala Maple Pocket Uke, KoAloha Pineapple Sunday, two CD reviews, a book review, and more.

The club info section had several new entries.

Here is the link...

http://www.tricornpublications.com/uke_player.htm

Thank you Pippin. Especially enjoyed the review of the SK-15, and that you are healthy and able to write it.

Thanks, Pippin. Much appreciated!

That was great, How often does it come out and can we subscribe?

Thanks and good news

Hi Pippin,

So pleased to hear you are back in health. Episodes like that can be frightening!

And a big Thank You for your continued involvement in putting out the magazine for the benefit of all.

As I believe they say in the Marines: "Semper Uke!"

Another super issue! Thanks and glad to see you're feeling well enough to get back at it!

I had a question about the contest. When I go to the URL for the contest page to register for the contest and hit the "submit" button after providing my name, email address and street address, I get a pop-up window that asks for my name and email address and then asks for my POP information, which I don't have. Is there any way to participate in the giveaway without my POP information? When I hit "submit," shouldn't the website just take my information? Thanks for any information and help you can provide.

Hurray! Nice to see you back in action, Pippin! You have been missed. :)

Another super issue! Thanks and glad to see you're feeling well enough to get back at it!

I had a question about the contest. When I go to the URL for the contest page to register for the contest and hit the "submit" button after providing my name, email address and street address, I get a pop-up window that asks for my name and email address and then asks for my POP information, which I don't have. Is there any way to participate in the giveaway without my POP information? When I hit "submit," shouldn't the website just take my information? Thanks for any information and help you can provide.

PM me and I will give you the information to submit directly to my e-mail account.
Mickey
(pippin)

Thank you for the great review of my CD!

One correction... There is no keyboard on "The Jumping Flea Circus (Reprise)". I'm not sure what you're hearing, but it's just my voice, the ukulele, and the sound of crickets recorded in my back yard on a summer night. Maybe the sound of the fleas humming along (again, done with my voice) is what you thought was keyboard?

That was great, How often does it come out and can we subscribe?

We shoot for ten issues a year. You can download from the site any time. We don't keep an e-mail list except for the contest entries. That is it.

Thank you for the great review of my CD!

One correction... There is no keyboard on "The Jumping Flea Circus (Reprise)". I'm not sure what you're hearing, but it's just my voice, the ukulele, and the sound of crickets recorded in my back yard on a summer night. Maybe the sound of the fleas humming along (again, done with my voice) is what you thought was keyboard?

Jim, it must have been the uke and acoustics at that point. I thought it sounded very bell-like (perhaps harp-like), like an old Fender Rhodes electric keyboard. Interesting.

Jim, it must have been the uke and acoustics at that point. I thought it sounded very bell-like (perhaps harp-like), like an old Fender Rhodes electric keyboard. Interesting.

I'm glad you think so, because that's the sound I was going for. The ukulele I chose for that track is a cheap Harmonia tenor that I set up with Savarez guitar strings to give it that unique harp sound.

I am currently working from the finger picking book by Mark "Kailana" Nelson that you reviewed. It is wonderful, I love it! Oh, by the way, when I enter the contest and push "Submit", should I get some sort of message saying my submission was successful or something like that? I keep pushing the submit button but nothing happens....

Thanks Mickey. Another awesome issue for the folder. Brilliant as always. So rapt for you and your family. Wishing you continued good health mate. :)

I am currently working from the finger picking book by Mark "Kailana" Nelson that you reviewed. It is wonderful, I love it! Oh, by the way, when I enter the contest and push "Submit", should I get some sort of message saying my submission was successful or something like that? I keep pushing the submit button but nothing happens....

The submission should go through. PM me and I can give you an e-mail address to use just to be sure you are entered into the contest.

Thanks Mickey. Another awesome issue for the folder. Brilliant as always. So rapt for you and your family. Wishing you continued good health mate. :)

Thanks for the well-wishes. I was very happy when this issue was completed and posted to the servers. I feel great, too.

Top Bottom