A uke coming together

Mobben

Reaction score
During some random surfing I found a danish guitar maker who made a uke. And there are some nice pictures of the process. So I thought I'd share it with anyone interested.

I did not make the uke, but if you want anything translated from the site just ask :)

Enjoy http://guitarservice.dk/se_hvordan_.html

He writes somewhere that it's american pine, but what that exactly is I don't know.

NIce little pictorial, seemed to have shots at all the right points, which is uncommon if you ask me.
However, am I the only one thinking that he has massively over-braced that soundboard?

These pictures are superb. A thousand thanks for pointing them out.

Could you perhaps tell me what material he turned those little white disc inlays out of? That would thrill me

and does he shed any light on that dremel tool looking router machine he's got a a few of his pics? because if I might be able to duplicate it with my dremel, and that would folk my socks off.

thanks again.

OH! I thought of another thing I wanted to know, I was wondering if you could find out what he used to glue together the two pieces of the top and bottom of the body, because I'm thinking the glue in the middle of the body would make the finish all spotty at the end, or does anyone know if the planing step would get rid of that problem?

thanks a third time.

Top Bottom