Need advice on a pickup install

Dane

Reaction score
I am going to have a misi installed in my Kala Acacia Tenor Low G . Which has this type of bridge.

bridgec.jpg

I installed one myself in my ohana, with the same type of bridge, which gave me problems and I had to finick with it a lot to get it right. This happened because the hole was under the saddle on one end, and because of this it was not making full contact all the way across the saddle, this made the G-string extremely quiet.

Now I was going to take this uke in and have them install it at a guitar shop, but I thought that they would do it the same way I did my ohana.

So my questions are:

1. Should I do the pickup portion myself, and then have them action adjust at the guitar shop? And should I drill the hole off the edge of the saddle so that it comes up and out before going under the saddle? (this would make the cable visible, but if it was on the bottom side I wouldn't care)

2. Should I just let them do everything at the guitar shop, even though they said they have never installed a pickup in an ukulele (I realize it is not much different from guitar but...)

Dude, call Carl and ask him to do it. He does the work on all my ukes. The guys is not only a wizard at playing. He's crazy good at these kind of installs and set ups.

I think you would have to drill through the bridge base just to one side of the raised piece - means you will be able to see it a touch, but surely better than it bending at the point a string runs over it

Other than that, shouldnt be much different from your Ohana install?

Dude, call Carl and ask him to do it. He does the work on all my ukes. The guys is not only a wizard at playing. He's crazy good at these kind of installs and set ups.

Oh awesome, I didn't know he did work on em. Thanks man I appreciate the info.

I think you would have to drill through the bridge base just to one side of the raised piece - means you will be able to see it a touch, but surely better than it bending at the point a string runs over it

Other than that, shouldnt be much different from your Ohana install?

Oh no it would be very much the same, it's the same type of bridge, only thing that is different is it's an ebony saddle

Top Bottom