Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Homemade gig bag

Default Homemade gig bag

Hey everyone, I have a Mitchell Mu-70, but it didn't come with a case or bag so I decided to make my own instead of buying a plain-old black one. The outside is a really cool gold and red checked pattern, and the inside is a neat FSU fleece pattern I found (I go to school there). The uke goes in the bottom and the bag closes with a zipper I bought at my local fabric store. I added a strap so I can sling it over my shoulder, and a small pocket so I can fit a pair of strings and a winder. I'm sorry that I couldn't show any of the stitching detail, but my camera sucks and the stitching is nothing to shout about either. I purchased everything at my local fabric store for a little over $24 and used my grandmother's sewing machine to sew it together. I know I could've bought something generic for a lot cheaper, but it's always cooler to have something with a little personality!
    Attached Images Attached Images

wow man, you did a very great job on it. makes me want to make one for my own self haha.

how long did it take you to make all together?

maybe 5 hours. the hardest part was putting the lining in

mmmm custom. hahaha

its just too bad that im such a clutz that i MUST have hard cases for all my instruments. im always banging them into something.

to give an idea of just how clumsy i am, i was taking my uke out of the case sometime last week. and i was being careful to not hit anything with the uke while i had it in my hand before i was able to put her down. so once i put her down, i picked up the case and started going through the inner pocket... still trying to be careful. but my clumsiness got the best of me and i actually dropped my hard case on my uke!

oh the irony.

Sweet, nice job.

the reasons I didn't opt for a hard case are A: I'm poor and B: my uke isn't nice enough. I wanted something that I could carry it around in and protect it from scratches. I don't play any shows and don't have to haul it around a lot so a case really didn't fit my needs. Next uke I get is gonna be a lot nicer so i'll definitely get a hard case. Maybe I'll try making one

nice work!

I ended up buying a case for my MU70, but I like what you did!
    Cliff Rock - I have a severe ukulele learning disability

looks mint
    -------------- --------------
    -------------------------------

I eat guitars for breakfast

Great job. I need to try making me one of those. I'm thinking more of the lines of a hardcase custom.
    Twitter
    Youtube
    Ukes:
    Taira (Lanikai LU-21TE/BK) [Signed and Enjoying]

Thumbs up two thumbs up!!!

SWEET!!!. I was thinking of making one also. something to do in my spare time. that really looks great.

I give two thumbs up for this one!!!!!

Howlie Boy
    I Was a post whore. But im back so lets see what we can do to become one again...

Thread Information