Tomorrow is World Ukulele Day!

mhrtoo

Reaction score
Hi everyone! Just wanted to spread this thing that Ukulele Mike is starting up. It's World Ukulele Day! Tomorrow, February 2, 2011 is the first ever World Ukulele Day. Go spread the love of Uke and play out in public! Make it known that ukulele is the instrument of love and peace!

Here's a reference to his video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sbTpOvDZ24

Happy WUD!

-Mike (a different one!)

Last edited:
Awesome info! I hope I see some uke players... sadly enough, I don't believe there are many here in Wisconsin.

Great idea! You looked nice and warm! I think I may take you up on the old folk home gig. They are always appreciative! Now for the real question.... where can I get a shirt like that?

Well, we already have a "holiday" on Feb 2nd (here in the States at least). I'd have gone with something like August 23rd, personally.

But hey, every day is ukulele day for me anyway. :)

JJ

Hi! Sorry actually I just realized that Ukulele Mike and myself have the same name, and me signing off as Mike was ambiguous. That's Ukulele Mike! I'm a different Mike! Didn't mean to pretend to be him! :)

Don't dis the rodent

No way man, February 2nd is Groundhog day. End of story!

Now I'm worried that my ukulele will see its shadow and disappear for six weeks.

Thanks for that one. I needed a good laugh.

Everyday is Ukulele day for me... I have not been more than fifteen feet from one since I started playing in August- but I will be extra certain to PLAY it everywhere I go tomorrow.
mds725- you are hilarious!

Last edited:
It's a nice thought, but when Mike takes it upon himself to declare world ukulele day and announces it only one day in advance, he hasn't really given it time to build any kind of momentum or publicity.

haha! Especially since when you guys say tomorrow - it is alreadt today here! So I'm celebrating a belated ukulele day at 8.00pm
All for it tho. In my diary for next year.

Really? In the dead of winter in minus temps when you wouldn't dare take out a wooden instrument that you didn't want trashed?

>>>Tomorrow, February 2, 2011 is the first ever World Ukulele Day.<<<<<

Dang! Wish I had known this yesterday!!!

I will write down the date and make sure to observe it NEXT year!

I must say, whilst I admire the idea, the first I saw was today! This sort of thing needs lots of advance notice.

Also - it being Groundhog day today, perhaps another day would have suited better.

Sorry to sound negative, I am just trying to be constructive.

Uhhh, May 2 is already "Play your Ukulele Day".

And, yes, every day is ukulele day for me. Leave Feb. 2 to the dang groundhog.

Well, we already have a "holiday" on Feb 2nd (here in the States at least). I'd have gone with something like August 23rd, personally.

But hey, every day is ukulele day for me anyway. :)

JJ

I agree, I always consider Aug 23rd, "the Day"

Top Bottom