Thread: Daily Ukulele Feb 4th 2011

Default Daily Ukulele Feb 4th 2011

I used the randomiser at random.org as suggested by UkuleleJJ who first posted this idea and came up with the number 154 (min number 13, max 333) which had two songs, and I chose Love Me Do one of the Beatles songs. I'm not good enough at it yet to post a video, but thought I'd post the thread to get people started. I'll do one of these every Friday (if no one else has) as I plan to do this for my blog and learn it over the week and post a video of the chosen song by the following Thursday.

So, post your videos here

Good Luck!

Just a thought, if we want to continue this, maybe appoint someone to do the randomising/page choosing every day so that a post is made? What do people think? Am I just too organised?!
    Astrid/Unknown Brand || Lilo/Ohana SK10S || Rhea/Luna Tattoo Pineapple || Hoa/Koa Pili Koko || Hope/Tanglewood TU1 CE || Kupuna/Eleuke Rosewood 100 Series || Joy/Poiple Flea || Cora/Clearwater Vita

Joey @ 4 Ukulele - My Ukulele Journey Blog || The Rocking Dodars || Bug Books: Joey Paul Online || "Like" me on FaceBook

Wish I had that book, I would jump in. It's in my amazon cart, I just haven't finalized it yet.. been sitting in there forever now! Have fun Joey!

I like the book, it is fun, but most of the songs are in a really low key so I use a capo a lot.
    Ukulele Themed Vinyl Stickers!!
    Ukeeku Etsy Store

Quote Originally Posted by fitncrafty View Post
    Wish I had that book, I would jump in. It's in my amazon cart, I just haven't finalized it yet.. been sitting in there forever now! Have fun Joey!
    Thanks, you really should get it It's FULL of songs, pop songs, Christmas songs, holiday songs, I'm gonna take an age learning them all!

Quote Originally Posted by ukeeku View Post
    I like the book, it is fun, but most of the songs are in a really low key so I use a capo a lot.
    I don't have a capo and I don't know what "low key" means either...I suck at music theory!
    Astrid/Unknown Brand || Lilo/Ohana SK10S || Rhea/Luna Tattoo Pineapple || Hoa/Koa Pili Koko || Hope/Tanglewood TU1 CE || Kupuna/Eleuke Rosewood 100 Series || Joy/Poiple Flea || Cora/Clearwater Vita

Joey @ 4 Ukulele - My Ukulele Journey Blog || The Rocking Dodars || Bug Books: Joey Paul Online || "Like" me on FaceBook

I did a video!

Quote Originally Posted by joeybug View Post

I did a video!
    Thanks Joey, that was good for just learning that song the same day.
    DAP
    Kala KA-TE
    Makala MK-T
    Kala KA-C (low G)
    Makala Dolphin-green burst

Cool!

It sounded fine! ( I find that a lot of the songs are pitched a little high for my singing, so I keep sounding like an adolescent with his voice breaking - or a failed yodeler....)

But one question - I tried playing along with you and the book, and I don't think I was hitting the right chords. Are you tuned a half step off? (Or maybe I am, and my tuner was recalibrated?)

I'm a LONG way from ever doing a video (not having a webcam is only part of it), but I love trying to play along with the ones other people do.

-Kurt
    Banjo Ukes: Southern Cross, Firefly, Stella
    Sopranos: Donaldson, Timms, Moku, Waterman, Bugsgear, Outdoor, Waverly Street, Harmony
    Concerts:Cocobolo #460 &#412, Ohana CK450QEL, CK-65D, Rosewood Vita, Mahogany Vita,
    Donaldson Custom, Epi Les Paul, National Triolian Reso, Republic
    Tenors: Kala KA-KTG-CY, KoAloha Sceptre, Fluke, Cordoba 20TM
    Bass: Fluke Timber

Am I done?

...Maybe?...

My YouTube Channel

Great video, Joey, especially since you said you'd just learned the song. It sounded great. On your blog you sounded happy to have "managed" an upstrum, and I enjoyed listening but I was disappointed not to have *seen* the upstrum in the video. (As it happens, since I started playing an ukulele, I've become addicted to watching how other people play their stringed instruments. When I watch ukulele and guitar videos now, I watch people's hands, if I can.) Anyway, thanks for posting! Keep up the great work on your ukulele, and congratulations on the upstrum!

Quote Originally Posted by ksiegel View Post
    Cool!

It sounded fine! ( I find that a lot of the songs are pitched a little high for my singing, so I keep sounding like an adolescent with his voice breaking - or a failed yodeler....)

But one question - I tried playing along with you and the book, and I don't think I was hitting the right chords. Are you tuned a half step off? (Or maybe I am, and my tuner was recalibrated?)

I'm a LONG way from ever doing a video (not having a webcam is only part of it), but I love trying to play along with the ones other people do.

-Kurt
    It could be I'm on my own time, I don't always seem to follow the right time...sorry about that!

Quote Originally Posted by mds725 View Post
    Great video, Joey, especially since you said you'd just learned the song. It sounded great. On your blog you sounded happy to have "managed" an upstrum, and I enjoyed listening but I was disappointed not to have *seen* the upstrum in the video. (As it happens, since I started playing an ukulele, I've become addicted to watching how other people play their stringed instruments. When I watch ukulele and guitar videos now, I watch people's hands, if I can.) Anyway, thanks for posting! Keep up the great work on your ukulele, and congratulations on the upstrum!
    I shall try and capture the upstrum in my next video, which I plan to do shortly once I've got my latest original song ready I seem to have found my mojo and the upstrum again

Quote Originally Posted by joeybug View Post
    I seem to have found my mojo and the upstrum again
    Great news! Looking forward to the next video!

Thread Information