Favorite Guitar Strings

I just picked up D'Addario Phospher-Bronze today and put them on the Martin D-15 after I adjusted the neck relief angle and the saddle. Now the git is low and fast and the new strings sound wonderful. Might just be a new favorite in place of the Martin Marquis. I have used the Martins for twenty-five years. No, I don't change much. :)

Pippin, I switched out of Martin Strings just recently and was a die hard 80/20 SP user. No more. Can't comment on the Marquis's, but frankly the SP's were just "stiffer" and less musical for me I realized and with the D'Addario PB Lights I could simply get more variety within a warm yet certainly articulate enough context. What doesn't get stated enough IMO about the SP's is that the treble strings have been "improved" but suddenly it was like they just sounded wrong to me. The other thing about the SP's: Martin themselves list the PB SP's as "brighter" than the 80/20's. Makes any sense? No. In short, I'm out of there like over night. I do think the D'Addario PB Lights are a classic themselves for a reason and least in my own case consider my SP usage kind of unexamined.

With that said, will also give D'Addario 80/20's Lights a try.

Last edited:
Put on the D'Addario 80/20's Lights on a dread and like them even more than the PB Lights.

Last edited:
You should trie the Thomastik Infield, particulary the AC111, they are hand made in Viena, very nice strings

For nylon, I really love LaBella 2001 Series Classical Light Tensions.

Last edited:
Yes GHS .I do prefer to use this string .It is easy to play for me and i love to play this.

Music plays vital role for get relax and refresh. My favourite guitar strings are:

1) Ernie Ball.
2) Danelectro.
3) Gibson P90.
4) Seymour Duncan.
5) Dean Markley.

I used to exclusively use GHS boomers on all my guitars when I lived in Texas, but living in Hawaii it's almost impossible to get traditionally packaged strings that aren't tarnished from the store. Now that cryo packaging is pretty well done by all of the makers, I still stick with D'Addario which was the only sealed strings at the time. To me they just last longer, are perfect right out of the package and even in Hawaii are consistently and competitively priced.

Top Bottom