Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do people hate us so ? my guess ...jealousy

Angry Why do people hate us so ? my guess ...jealousy

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Say-no...03030353104034

I cam across this page on face book
    Why do people hate so ............?
    Jealous much....? i think so
    Aloha is not something that you do, it's not even the way you do something. It is being in touch with yourself. When you are in that state, whatever you do expresses aloha. -Pilahi Paki

Heh, people with too little time and very low self esteem is my guess. Of course, I suspect that describes about 99.9% of facebook groups, frankly.

John
    I'm not entirely convinced that it is possible to polish a turd. However, if one were to accomplish that feat one would still have a turd, and one all the more noticeable for being shiny.

Check out my ukulele-themed "stuff" at http://www.cafepress.com/fivebyfiveukulele - proceeds go to a good cause...UAS treatment!

Luckily, I'm not a hipster!
    * Mom-Painted Flea * Half-Vintage, Half-Bean Sprout banjolele * Woody's Roundup Toy "Guitar" *

Yeah... pretty sure it's the hipster part that bugs some, not that I care what anyone thinks. There are those that play uke because it makes them feel cooler then those that don't. Music snobbery in general is a bit beyond my comprehension but that is the kind of person that is being hated on in that particular blog.

Somewhat ironic because that is also a form of music snobbery.

Listen to what moves you, play what moves you....... Ignore the opinions of those that would belittle you because of what you chose.

If it moves you, it's right. Period...end of sentence. The opinions of anybody else do not matter.

It's their problem - they take themselves too seriously, and obviously, they have never played an ukulele. That they need to form a "support" group is kind of pathetic.

I don't think it's ukulele players, in general, that they "hate." I think the statement they are making is that they have a problem with people who are suddenly jumping on the ukulele bandwagon to be "hip." What comes to mind is that dopey kid with the dreads on American Idol a few years ago who bought a uke one afternoon and played a bad version of Oz's "Somewhere Over The Rainbow" on the show that night. All the little teeny boppers thought he was just so cool and original.

Mostly, I think this is about people who are frustrated that they have no particular talent other than posting sh-t on Facebook. Don't sweat it, Public Enemy.

The group seems to be fairly inactive, but I posted a link to this video anyways for the sake of those who have never heard a decent piece on ukulele
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puSkP3uym5k
    A ukulele pickin' dreamer and disturber of the peace.

"never mind what haters say, ignore them 'til they fade away . . . "
    Ukunuke

"Life is a series of ups and downs . . . I choose the ups."

Kanile'a Islander koa custom tenor, Kamaka HF-2 concert, + a guardian sock monkey

I like the ending of the post......Say no to ukulele hipsters has no more posts...

Hahahaha, this is actually really funny.

Thread Information