Valentines!!!

andreavmusic

Reaction score
happy belated valentines day/national singles awareness day. haha. I was just messing around and decided to post a new video as my valentine to show my appreciation for everyone here at UU!

Fun Fact: the new andrew lloyd webber production just started previews last monday at the london palladium!!

Also, I'm a huge fan of Danielle Hope who is playing Dorothy and Michael Crawford who is playing the wizard (who isn't a fan of him? the man's a legend!) and I want to go...anyone want to buy me a plane ticket to london? lol jk if only!

<3

if I only had a heart!

Aloha Andrea,
Wow....You have a some pipes...a really nice and pleasant voice...and real nice playing on your uke too...Thanks for sharing...Happy Strummings..MM Stan

Stan is right. Great voice and great playing.

Thank you!!

I just looked at one of your other videos and you are playing left handed in that one. Are you a switch hitter? That's pretty amazing.

thanks!!

I just looked at one of your other videos and you are playing left handed in that one. Are you a switch hitter? That's pretty amazing.

haha no but wouldn't that be awesome! I tend to change cameras a lot so the orientation differs depending on which one I happen to have on me at the moment

that was really nice. Smooth chord changes and great vocals.

Fantastic Andrea, thanks so much. That was really lovely. Brilliant job! :)

Andrea:

I hope you get yourself into a Musical Theatre school: Emerson, NYU, CCM would be lucky to have you! Fantastic!

If I only had Michael Cra.... I just said that out loud didn't I?

I know he hates doing films, but I sure wish he would again. :(

Seriously though, that was a great version!

wow you guys are all SOOOOO nice! It's such a confidence booster! definitely made my night!! thank you thank you thank you!

Andrea:

I hope you get yourself into a Musical Theatre school: Emerson, NYU, CCM would be lucky to have you! Fantastic!

It's surprising that you say that. I'm actually not involved in theater at school, but I do LOVE watching it and listening to it oh so much. maybe too much lol. I'm currently in a musical theater listening binge. My current radio station is one from emerson (just a fun little connection)

If I Only had acting skills? it just doesn't roll of the tongue as well! =]

I did a voice program once upon a time, and you'd have no problems getting in. Sure there will be people there who have been doing this since before they could walk, but if you sound good, they don't care... and you sound good. :)

I did a voice program once upon a time, and you'd have no problems getting in. Sure there will be people there who have been doing this since before they could walk, but if you sound good, they don't care... and you sound good. :)

:) it does sound like a lot of fun! I love music too much to not do anything with it in the future! Still unsure about what I want to be and as senior year and college draw ever closer I need to find out! But at the current moment it's Andrea the singing engineer!

I thought I was going to do music as clarinet as my major instrument. My junior year was the really tough one, so my senior year I had just about the entire day in the music building. I thought I'd give Chorus I a go in the morning, then do marching band, then concert band, then symphonic band, then maybe try drama, and then it would be time for lunch and then after school marching band. (As a side note, it wasn't one of those lame bands where you can pick one section of it, you had to do marching and you had to play something even if you twirled a flag.)

In Chorus I, the choir director approached me about taking voice lessons since he thought I might be able to get serious about this. I did and then he took me out of drama and into Concert Choir (where the good singers were), and I did all-state, and it just really progressed quickly with his instruction. I ended up auditioning and getting into the voice department at university. My voice is more suited to being a soprano though. I can't do the chest voice stuff because it's really unreliable. :( Sopranos are a dime a dozen so the road kind of more or less ended there, but I don't regret any of it. :)

If anyone tells you started too late, they'd be full of hooey. :)

I thought I was going to do music as clarinet as my major instrument. My junior year was the really tough one, so my senior year I had just about the entire day in the music building. I thought I'd give Chorus I a go in the morning, then do marching band, then concert band, then symphonic band, then maybe try drama, and then it would be time for lunch and then after school marching band. (As a side note, it wasn't one of those lame bands where you can pick one section of it, you had to do marching and you had to play something even if you twirled a flag.)

In Chorus I, the choir director approached me about taking voice lessons since he thought I might be able to get serious about this. I did and then he took me out of drama and into Concert Choir (where the good singers were), and I did all-state, and it just really progressed quickly with his instruction. I ended up auditioning and getting into the voice department at university. My voice is more suited to being a soprano though. I can't do the chest voice stuff because it's really unreliable. :( Sopranos are a dime a dozen so the road kind of more or less ended there, but I don't regret any of it. :)

wow that sounds so amazing! that is like my dream, doing music all my life! ha. I have been in LOADS of choirs since second grade and have even sang at ACDA national conference in florida, carnegie last year, and kodaly institute in hungary so it has been quite a journey and hope to continue if I can (crosses fingers)! At one point I was in five choirs at once!

But yeah I was born and raised an alto! only problem is that there isn't much interest in altos is there =/

Last edited:

Small world. I was first chair clarinet in HS. Thought that would be my major. Then theatre bug hits and I wound up a Vocal Music major.

And Andrea, you COULD major in vocal music, at the very least!

And I suspect you have some high notes in you. ;)

Pdxuke, we both did the same thing! I didn't think I could carry a tune in a bucket until I was told otherwise. In fact I don't really have enough confidence in my voice to have ever made a full time go at it, but no regrets. :)

Do you ever sometimes think about getting a decent clarinet (I only have a plastic Vito right now, and if I ever think about playing, I remember the crappy stock mouthpiece.), but then UAS pulls you away as much more fun? I'd love to experiment with alto clarinet, but yeah I think UAS is more fun. :)

And I suspect you have some high notes in you. ;)

Pdxuke, we both did the same thing! I didn't think I could carry a tune in a bucket until I was told otherwise. In fact I don't really have enough confidence in my voice to have ever made a full time go at it, but no regrets. :)

Do you ever sometimes think about getting a decent clarinet (I only have a plastic Vito right now, and if I ever think about playing, I remember the crappy stock mouthpiece.), but then UAS pulls you away as much more fun? I'd love to experiment with alto clarinet, but yeah I think UAS is more fun. :)

Believe it or not, I still have my Buffet! I bought it from my teacher, who was a Julliard guy, back in the 60s. It needs an overhaul, and I'd really like to sell it, but since Manny's in NY folded I'm not sure who to take it to. I haven't played in years, the last real workout it had was 27 years ago when I put together a cash dixie band and sat it as the clarinet man. I don't miss playing--I played for 30 years and that was enough. I should really sell it and buy that Kamaka!~

Top Bottom