Insight into Brüko

That was cool. I always love to see how they make these. Thanks for posting this.

Cool video.. Do they still stamp "W Germany" on their ukes? I thought manufactures over there stopped using the "W" since the wall came down..

As a cabinetmaker, I always like to see other people's shops. Thanks for sharing

Cool video.. Do they still stamp "W Germany" on their ukes? I thought manufactures over there stopped using the "W" since the wall came down..

I asked Mr. Pfeiffer the same. He told me, it´s just the way he always did it und a new heated stamp would be quite expensive.
My suggestion was to grind out the W and leave the space, but he was not convinced...

I asked Mr. Pfeiffer the same. He told me, it´s just the way he always did it und a new heated stamp would be quite expensive.
My suggestion was to grind out the W and leave the space, but he was not convinced...

Well, I think it's cool tho. I just hadn't seen it used since the Regan era. I don't see why not tho, it's still western Germany, lol.. I have allot of 'W. Germany" stuff around the house reminding me of the cold war, becasue I served in NATO over there during that era, so to me it's just cool to see it still being used.

Aloha Goshi,
Always a pleasure to see other peoples shops and process....thanks for sharing...MM Stan

Love that video - and love Bruko

The Number 6 model is the best value, bang for buck totally solid uke in my opinion - great quality, amazing price

Hello guys,
Just giving this a bump to ask if you would be so good as to describe the sound /feel of these instruments. (hovering on purchasing one)
Cheers
Sheepy

Well, I will soon find out as I just ordered one :)
I dunno what strings they come with but a nice set of fluorocarbons will be purchased I think.

the #6 sounds really sweet. A real plonky, old time kind of a sound. Like a well worn pair of slippers. Nice and bright but well rounded. if you bought one you wouldn't be disappointed. And the maple necks are so pretty too

Thanks Goshi for posting that video. Loved it!!! Favorited.

Yeah, I am really quite excited now.
It's funny, i was so obsessed by trying to get the ohana sk38 (which seems to have a good old waiting time in the uk at present) I completely overlooked these at first.
It has all the requirements I want...
Its mahogany,
it's got friction pegs,
the fretboard stops in the traditional place and does not continue right to the sound hole (I think this always looks unbalanced).
And best of all it looks as old timey as can be, trad headstock shape etc..
Oh, and its very well priced! I even had some money left to buy a nice case like this....http://www.thomann.de/gb/thomann_elite_case_ukulele_sopran.htm

wow Uncle, those cases are beautiful. Oh...that's got ME excited....til I looked at the flat rate shipping cost to Australia being 50 Euros...hmmmm...how bad do I need one of those really... :uhoh:

They are really nice, and its also somewhat ironic (yourself being in Taz) as I have absolutely no need for the humidity gauge thing in the uk!
I dont even know who makes them as thomann stick there own badge on cases and stuff like that,

That was great! I've never cared for the Brueko maple necks and fretboards - but there was a lot to drool over at the end of the video in different flavors. I love how the guy sawing necks on the bandsaw didn't appear to have any guide or markings - he just knew...

Last edited:
Top Bottom