Uke Room - New Photos of the Collection

ukulelecowboy

Reaction score
Well, to celebrate our 75th addition, I decided to post some photos of the Ukulele Cowboy Society's Ukulele Collection in our rehearsal room. I'll try to add some description of the photos:

WallOfUkulele2.jpg

This is a shot of some of the Harmony ukuleles. a fifties Baritone is to the left. Right next to it, is a circa 1930's Johnny Marvin Airplane Bridge Tenor. This is the Mahogany model not the "Prince of Wales" Koa. A very nice Harmony Tenor hangs next to that followed by two Roy Smeck Sopranos. The obscured back row holds a Mahalo Les Paul and an Oscar Schmidt Concert. You can also see a Gretsch American Soprano hanging towards the back.

BanjoUkes.jpg

This is the "Banjo Uke" wall. There's a great Gibson UB-1 right in the middle. That blue Gretsch Camp in the corner is my wife's. She got it for Christmas a coupe of years ago. That's a Lanikai Tenor Koa right in the middle. Next to that is fifties Favilla B-2 and a TV Pal Plastic Baritone. In the lower right corner is a nice example of a Vega Arthur Godfrey Baritone.

WallOfUkulele.jpg

There are some nice examples in this shot. The second uke in on the lower left is a Sunburst Arthur Godfrey Solo-Lute. It's a great uke for jazz. Next to that is a Kamaka Gold Label Soprano. Almost directly above that is Yasuma Baritone in great condition. Can't afford a Martin so the Yasuma fits the bill! I really like the two Kala Archtops directly to the left of the Yasuma. I'm trying to find a Natural Mahogany Archtop so I can have the whole set. On the end, closest to the camera is a mid-sixties Harmony Mandolin. Directly next to that is a recently restored Biltmore Short-Scale Baritone. Baritone Body with a Concert Neck. Very weird but fun to play...

HarmonyWall.jpg

This is the Harmony Soprano Wall. The green palm tree was a recent addition. Directly above is my wife's Cowboy Tenor Guitar which is more decorative than playable. On the end is a great example of a Regal Lap Steel. The whole thing is Mother of Toilet Seat. It sounds and plays great.

(Continued in the next post...)

Last edited:
Aloha ukulelecowboy,
Very nice instruments, thanks for sharing.........................BO...............

Some more shots of the room...

CigarBoxANDRocket.jpg

Here's a small collection of Cigar Box ukes. I built the one next to the Mele Double hole tenor for my wife last year. The Harmony Soprano on the bottom by the door was owned and played by Jo Stafford. I bought it from her estate after she died and gave it to my wife for her birthday a couple of years ago. Right next to that is a pristine Bobby Breen soprano. The Harmony Rocket on the right is a converted Tenor Guitar. It is a blast to play...

TwoTenors.jpg

Here is a shot of my Pono Spruce and Macasser Ebony Tenor and my Rick Turner Compass Rose Sycamore Tenor...

UkesAtTop.jpg

A few more sopranos...

ThreeBaritones.jpg

A finally, what we play on stage. My Pono Mahogany Baritone, Pono Spruce and Macasser Ebony Baritone Cutaway and my wife's Oscar Schmidt Koa Baritone. All have Mi-Si pickups.

Well, that's it for now. I'm happy to answer any questions or supply more details. I LOVE talking about this collection...

Thanks for looking!

Mike

Omg

Just great and unique ukes: congratulations!
This is a paradise room.

Wow, what a great collection! Would be great to see in person.

Aloha Mike,
Wow ...you're uke Crazy man!! I'm impressed...and jealous too....and I thought I was bad....Hey you made me feel alot better now....Awesome Dude ...75th....Thanks for sharing...MM Stan..

Now that is something! Good thing oy don't have to change strings a lot!

what is the solid body uke behind the stand, in the last picture?

So many ukes, So Little Time!

Looking at the photos, I felt like Gregory Hines in Mel Brooks' History Of The World, Part I:

tongue2.jpg

Just Way Cool!

-Kurt

What a wonderful room!!

thanks for sharing..that was AWESOME!!

The Solid Body in the background is a Jupiter Creek Baritone Telecaster Style. Here is a shot:

jupitercreek.jpg

Although we're called The Ukulele Cowboy Society, we play Jazz and Swing.

Thanks!

Top Bottom