B-band pickup on a Fluke

mikemiragliuolo

Reaction score
I was looking into getting a Fluke with a b-band pickup in it, can anyone tell me how these sound plugged in to a PA system? It has a volume knob but no tone knob. I'm wondering if it will sound good through a PA system with a flat EQ or do you have to EQ the heck out of it to get a good sound? I have a Fluke with no pickup in it and I tried to mic it and play with a band and it was not cutting it. Any info would be great. Thanks.

Mike

No experience, but MiSi pickups are awesome!

Have you considered having pickups installed on your current fluke?

I have but it has the plastic one piece bridge so my only real options are a stick on pick up like a K&K big shot. I
don't really like those type of pickups. I think I'll just have to order one from Flea Market Music with the B-band pickup and
hope for the best. I have a Takamine acoustic guitar, I just plug it into the PA and it sounds great and gives me no problems. I'm
just looking for a uke to do the same. On the strictly acoustic side I've tried other brands (Loprinzi, Kamaka, Pono, etc.) and
I found myself just really liking the sound and playability of my Fluke and Flea. I just need to be able to plug in for live play.

Last edited:
Ahh I see. Well, I hear really good things about flea market music so I'm sure there wIll no problems. Good luck!

I just put a K&K twin spot in my Tenor Flea, it was like building a ship in a bottle but it does sound good straight into the board. I have a MiSi in my Koaloha Concert. I know it is an apple/orange comparison. I prefer the MiSi but, there is nothing wrong with the K&K.

Top Bottom