Upgrading from my Mahalo

Pyrateknight

Reaction score
Hey guys,

As some of you know I started on ukulele on my Mahalo Les Paul. It has been pretty good to learn on but I wanted something more. Mainly the sound was very quiet due to the EA guts. I also wanted to wait until I found a really good ukulele to move to. I didn't want to buy one slightly better and then buy another and slowly work my way up. I was in recent contact with Chuck Moore and I am now a proud owner of a Moore Bettah Uke. It is a NSB Tenor. I will update when my ukulele arrives.

talk about a huge upgrade! Congrats!

I will post pics when it arrives and a video for the difference between the two. I don't want to post Mr. Moore's pictures because I haven't asked for his permission.

It is more out of respect and well to keep everyone guessing on what the inlay may look like.

Mahalo to Moore Bettah, that's quite an upgrade. Congratulations can't wait to see pics and maybe a video?

I applaud your decision to buy a high quality uke. You started with a learner, and you know you like to play, so why not?

Here's a recipe for newbies:

Start with a Kala, Mahalo, Mainland or Ohana.
Play.
Then Buy a Kamaka, MB, KoAloha or Kiwaya.

My guess is you might wind up with fewer ukes.

(At least for a while...)

Aloha Pyrateknight,
Wow...what an upgrade, elinminate the middle and shoot for the top..Hence the savings..Congratulations...Happy strummings, MM Stan

That's a major upgrade and congrats on making it! I look forward to pics and perhaps a sound sample?!

:music:

Wowza!!!

I just went to the Moore Bettah site and seriously gasped when I saw how beautiful the ukes are! I didn't realize there were so many beautiful options out there! :drool: I'm definitely looking forward to seeing and hearing what you get!

I loved the review Matt Dallberg did. You can tell he's in loooove :p

You get to see the instrument very well and the beautiful craftsmanship and exquisite sound. Makes me wish I had the money to spend :)

Its been in for a bit now. I am getting the strings settled in then there should be an update on my new baby.

Strings have settled. I have a lot of grad research this week. Expect an update next week.... including pics and a video review.

Top Bottom