Member Video of the Week

NukeDOC,
What camera are you using? Maybe try to use the back light feature if it has one. The video was a little dark. We want to see your smiling face:).

NukeDOC,
What camera are you using? Maybe try to use the back light feature if it has one. The video was a little dark. We want to see your smiling face:).

i just use the iSight camera built into my macbook. but i also wear that hat in that way to cover up my face a bit. ill admit, i am fairly narcissistic, if you couldnt tell from all the mirrors (you should see my medicine cabinet). but when it comes to posting videos online, im a pretty shy guy.

NICE! this is what im talking about, this will get people posting more and we can finally see other people play their ukuleles!

and of course congrats to Nuke for his U.U.M.V.o.W. DEBUT!!!

[quote="NukeDOC]i just use the iSight camera built into my macbook.[/quote]

Great quality. I thought for sure it was some sort of a digital video cam.

man I wish I had a macbook! Not sure if i'm going to save up for a new ukulele or a macbook first.

nUkedoc have you done customizations in the past? How did you learn?

i mentioned in another thread that almost nothing i own is in its original format. im always trying to think about how i can make something "my own". you should see my motorcycle hahaha.

but in terms of musical instruments, this is probably the biggest step ive made. and its not even close to done yet. im still going to figure a way to mickeymouse a pickguard, maybe do some carving or burning, gonna fill up the holes left in the headstock with some putty, gonna try to make a new nut and saddle too (still not completely satisfied with them).

as far as the other instruments, its basically just repainting, stripping down to natural wood finish (elec guitar), pickup installation, strap button installation, switching from friction to geared tuners and vice versa, action set up. i may be forgetting some stuff.

i would love to get into building ukes... but that is just too much of an initial investment for me at this point in my life to be making for the purpose of making one ultimate ukulele. id rather pay someone to make it for me. but anything short of that... im willing to figure it out and do it.

i mentioned in another thread that almost nothing i own is in its original format. im always trying to think about how i can make something "my own". you should see my motorcycle hahaha.

but in terms of musical instruments, this is probably the biggest step ive made. and its not even close to done yet. im still going to figure a way to mickeymouse a pickguard, maybe do some carving or burning, gonna fill up the holes left in the headstock with some putty, gonna try to make a new nut and saddle too (still not completely satisfied with them).

as far as the other instruments, its basically just repainting, stripping down to natural wood finish (elec guitar), pickup installation, strap button installation, switching from friction to geared tuners and vice versa, action set up. i may be forgetting some stuff.

i would love to get into building ukes... but that is just too much of an initial investment for me at this point in my life to be making for the purpose of making one ultimate ukulele. id rather pay someone to make it for me. but anything short of that... im willing to figure it out and do it.

Thats awesome. I'm pretty handy but I've never tried anything customizing any of my instruments. The biggest change I've ever made to an instrument was putting stickers on it. lol I bet it feels good to make something your own, unique. Something nobody else has eh?

When my life gets a little less busy, I will learn though one of these days..

Guys please be sure to submit your own videos for next week!

i would be scared to do any modifications to my uke. i like to customize things too, like my old laptop that i painted. but it was old so i didn't mind. something like my uke is a little more nerve racking for me since i get too nervous lol.

I would post a vid. Most i can do is 1 minute though because i record with my digital camera... or my phone which is longer but alot shitter.. :|

Guys please be sure to submit your own videos for next week!

youre welcome to use any of the other vids i have in the future... well, except for the reaction video to the BME pain... well, you know which one im talking about hahaha. i dont know if i can get any new vids up anytime soon. im sort of in a creative rutt at the moment hahaha.

i just use the iSight camera built into my macbook. but i also wear that hat in that way to cover up my face a bit. ill admit, i am fairly narcissistic, if you couldnt tell from all the mirrors (you should see my medicine cabinet). but when it comes to posting videos online, im a pretty shy guy.

If you notice... my earlier videos we're in the dark. I didn't want my face known to public but Danyo convinced me not to be shy anymore.

You can also look at Danyo's "Is there a place" video. I intentionally let my head be cut off from that video. LOL

If you notice... my earlier videos we're in the dark. I didn't want my face known to public but Danyo convinced me not to be shy anymore.

You can also look at Danyo's "Is there a place" video. I intentionally let my head be cut off from that video. LOL

well, bro, if i ever get as famous as you... i just might start showing my face and using better lighting in the future hahaha.

i wish i wasnt as shy. but another reason i do it is because my friends are such great friends that anything we can find out about each other to make fun of... we dont just make fun of it. we exploit it. so i have to be pretty careful about what i post on there because these a-holes that i call my brothers just might be scoping out my page looking for the next thing to embarrass me with in front of a girl that i like. hahaha.

well, bro, if i ever get as famous as you... i just might start showing my face and using better lighting in the future hahaha.

i wish i wasnt as shy. but another reason i do it is because my friends are such great friends that anything we can find out about each other to make fun of... we dont just make fun of it. we exploit it. so i have to be pretty careful about what i post on there because these a-holes that i call my brothers just might be scoping out my page looking for the next thing to embarrass me with in front of a girl that i like. hahaha.

haha bro, you and your friends sound just like me and my friends. You're good man! Its cool to show off a bit... Don't be shy! Maybe you can post a song FOR that girl :D

Last edited:
Nice conversion on that Kala, Nuker...sounds great too..

just to help him out some more... i think it would be cool to put up dustin's video as the next VOW. if the voting is allowed to continue after the deadline, this would be a great way to support one of our own!

what say thee?

Top Bottom