Uke Heaven!!

philpot

Reaction score
Played a $750 kamaka koa wood pineapple gold label uke, a $1200 martin mahogany soprano, and, my personal favorite, a '30s mahogany soprano Gibson custom uke, for...$1400. I now have a Gibson uke shaped hole in my heart. I love Nashville. If my Kamaka Concert sounds half as good as that uke, I will be happy. The people at the store were real nice, but sadly, there were a few awesome ones that the tubers wouldn't hold on (20s Gibson soprano, and the Kamaka was highly out of tune :/)

Sounds like you might be upping your fund objective, huh? For future reference, what store in Nashville did you go to?

Sounds like you might be upping your fund objective, huh? For future reference, what store in Nashville did you go to?

You know... I don't know the name >.< one of my friends has a pic with the name in it, I'll post the name when I get it :p

Sounds like an Ukers idea of heaven! You're halfway with your fund, keep going! :D

Aloha Phil,
Those prices would give me sticker shock....that's above street prices...I must have been lucky...I Got my gold labels for 175 and 400, martin style 2 for 200, and a mint style 0 for 385....Yeah I know, I got some deals...that's why I jumped..he he and 3 out of the 4 are singers.....

Aloha Phil,
Those prices would give me sticker shock....that's above street prices...I must have been lucky...I Got my gold labels for 175 and 400, martin style 2 for 200, and a mint style 0 for 385....Yeah I know, I got some deals...that's why I jumped..he he and 3 out of the 4 are singers.....

Yeah, those prices seem pretty steep. Mandolin Brothers in NY had a ca 1930 Martin soprano in very nice condtion for...$600, if I remember right, a while back. I think you pay about a 30% or more premium for NOT being in Hawaii, then another fifty percent on top of that for being in Nashville! LOL

Those prices are also pretty far above what you see on eBay from any but the most unrealistic sellers.

John

Sounds like it could have been Gruhn's.

Top Bottom