Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Guitarlele

Wikipedia gives some details on the Guitalele:

Its dimensions are: scale length (nut to saddle) 433mm (17"); nut width 47.5mm (1 7/8"); body length 730 mm (28 3/4"); body width 290 mm (11.4"); body depth 100mm (2 13/16")

The GL-1 guitalele has an unadorned laminated spruce top (with no rosette), laminated meranti back and sides, nato neck and rosewood fretboard. It comes tuned ADGCEA, and is played like a guitar pitched up to A (like a guitar with a capo on the fifth fret).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GL-1_Guitalele

KoAloha also makes the DVI, and Kala makes the U-Tar. Not sure how the dimensions compare to the Guitalele.

We have a 420 mm scale length guitar (tenor uke scale) with a depth of 60mm, and one with 480 mm scale length (baritone uke scale) with a depth of 72 mm, both with really huge, full voices.

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by itsme View Post
    Wikipedia gives some details on the Guitalele:

Its dimensions are: scale length (nut to saddle) 433mm (17"); nut width 47.5mm (1 7/8"); body length 730 mm (28 3/4"); body width 290 mm (11.4"); body depth 100mm (2 13/16")

The GL-1 guitalele has an unadorned laminated spruce top (with no rosette), laminated meranti back and sides, nato neck and rosewood fretboard. It comes tuned ADGCEA, and is played like a guitar pitched up to “A” (like a guitar with a capo on the fifth fret).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GL-1_Guitalele

KoAloha also makes the DVI, and Kala makes the U-Tar. Not sure how the dimensions compare to the Guitalele.

Thank you, I don't know how I missed that when I checked Wikipedia...? musta' had a brain fart.

I'll have to check out the KoAloha, and the Kala.

Find a case you like and build to fit it. I can't tell you how many hand made ukes I've seen that won't fit in any case.
    Chuck Moore
    Moore Bettah Ukuleles
    http://www.moorebettahukes.com

Quote Originally Posted by erich@muttcrew.net View Post
    We have a 420 mm scale length guitar (tenor uke scale) with a depth of 60mm, and one with 480 mm scale length (baritone uke scale) with a depth of 72 mm, both with really huge, full voices.

Hope this helps.

It does help, I'm not the luthier; but, when my friend comes the more information I can show him, the more likely it is he'll be able to make me the best possible instrument.... it seems like he should be able to get a better understanding of the acoustics of an instrument he never made, by seeing the averages.
    I appreciate you taking the time to post it.

Quote Originally Posted by Moore Bettah Ukuleles View Post
    Find a case you like and build to fit it. I can't tell you how many hand made ukes I've seen that won't fit in any case.

That's a great idea! we had discussed cases... I didn't realize it was hard to find cases for many handmade ukes.

Mahalo

Hey Chuck! I just looked at your website, nice ukes! very beautiful! Do you have a shop in Opihikao?

Yeah. Who's your luthier friend?
    Chuck Moore
    Moore Bettah Ukuleles
    http://www.moorebettahukes.com

Yeah. Who's your luthier friend?

Bruce Mac Callum, do you know him?

Last edited by aloysiousaloha; 03-17-2011 at 04:46 PM.

Thread Information