Moore Bettah NSB Tenor

Pyrateknight

Reaction score
Features

* What year was it made? Where was is made? Hawaii, 2011
* How many frets? 19
* Solid-Top? Laminated top? Solid
* Any pickups or electronics? No
* Body and neck woods? Solid Koa Body, Ebony Fret, Spanish Cedar neck, Abalone inlays of a palm tree
* Finish (Satin, transparent, quilted top, flamed top, etc...)
* Body style: Tenor
* Tuners: Grover
* Any included accessories? Hard Case, Humidifier, Second set of Aquilas, T-shirt, and a coffee mug

Sound 10

I started on a soprano and really liked the cheery sound that came from it and it took a while for the sound of a low g to catch on me. I found it more versatile to my playing style as I like to play more mellow sounding songs and sometimes the cheery high g just wont cut it. It has a rich tone and more volume than I expected.

Action, Fit & Finish 10

The action on this instrument was slightly lower than my first and I am loving the ease that comes from it. The seams on the instrument are virtually invisible. I have to look very closely at the instrument and in depth to find flaws. The inlays are marvelous. The nitro cellouse finish makes it glimmer in any light.

Reliability/Durability 9

This uke was built to last. Looking at it from a construction stand point it should be good for years to come.

Customer Support 9

There is a satisfaction guarantee. Also there is a one year instrument guarantee if anything goes wrong that is within normal playing, i.e. not abusing the ukulele.

Overall Rating 9.5

* How long have you been playing? Year and a half
* What other gear do you own? Mahalo Les Paul and a pocket amp. Clip tuner
* Is there something you wish you had asked before buying this ukulele? Possibility of adding a pick up. I just didn't want to have him have to go through having to disassemble such a beautiful work.
* If it were stolen or lost, would you buy it again or get something else? If I couldn't track down the culprit then yes I would buy another. Ouch Mr. Wallet.
* What do you love about it? Pretty much everything. I love the look, the tone, the volume, and the inlays.
* What do you hate? Its to precious to take some places. I have a fear of breaking it.
* What is your favorite feature? The inlay of the palm tree
* Did you compare it to other ukuleles? Which ones? Mahalo Les Paul
* Why did you choose this one? Show the difference from high end to low end.
* Anything you wish it had? A pick up or maybe straps
* Anything else you'd like to share?
About the only way to get your hands on one of Chuck Moore's Ukuleles is to contact him. He was gracious enough to put me on a contact list for when he had ukuleles become available.

Attachments

• 0322112000a.jpg
    0322112000a.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 106
  • 0322111959.jpg
    0322111959.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 93
  • 0322111959a.jpg
    0322111959a.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 95
  • 0322111958.jpg
    0322111958.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:
Very very nice!! thats a huge jump, congrats! I'm thinking the same way you are, I don't want to have a bunch of stepping stones. However, I do want a better one, and a concert size as well xD so my Kamaka will be my stepping stone. In a few years, I'll probably put in an order for a custom, either Kamaka or MB. Probably MB ;) Thanks for sharing!

Aloha Pyrateknight,
Congratulations on your MB..it looks awesome...Have fun and enjoy...Happy Strummings...Many thanks for the review and the video...MM Stan

Nice review. I think I attempted to buy your NSB Tenor's slotted headstock brother earlier this month, but I think that one sold either within hours of Chuck posting it, or it was gone before it made it onto the website.

Congrats with your new Moore Bettah!

Welcome to the club!

George, let some of use low lifes pick up a custom or two first!

But I want to join the MB club! Actually, that attempt to get the MB couldn't have been more impulsive. I saw it on the website and noticed that it was posted the day before, so I shot Chuck an email asking about it, but as you know his ukes pretty much are gone immediately off the work bench. On the plus side, it prompted me to get my tax return done. LOL!

George, buy 'um, brah! No shame . . .

also, i agree on your philosophy on buying ukuleles. i'd rather have one huge upgrade than several smaller ones. it would probably save you a lot of money in the long run, and you'd be a lot happier! thanks again for the video!

PS. Would it be okay if i post your review on my site?

also, i agree on your philosophy on buying ukuleles. i'd rather have one huge upgrade than several smaller ones. it would probably save you a lot of money in the long run, and you'd be a lot happier! thanks again for the video!

PS. Would it be okay if i post your review on my site?

I don't see why not.

Top Bottom