Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: USB MICs/Pop Filter???? Purchasing soon any recomendations?

Default USB MICs/Pop Filter???? Purchasing soon any recomendations?

I've been writing and recording some songs lately and I just put the first one on youtube as some of you know

http://www.youtube.com/embed/RWcydG6_zMs

I'm ordering myself a MIC that will record into my computer and I'm hoping that you guys have some awesome AFFORDABLE solution. I would really like to stay within a hundred bucks for something decent. This is probably what I'm going to use to put some of my stuff on itunes as well.

Looking forward to your favorites and stay the hell away froms!

And if your favorite is over 100 still share... I may just decide to spend the extra money.
    Ukes not Nukes

If you can spend another $30-$50, the Blue Yeti is supposed to be a really good usb mic. The blue snowball is alright for your budget, but I had issues with one and never cared to try another.

I use a Zoom H2 as both my portable recorder and usb mic....but I have heard nothing but good things about the Blue Yeti.
    * Mom-Painted Flea * Half-Vintage, Half-Bean Sprout banjolele * Woody's Roundup Toy "Guitar" *

If you happen to live near a SamAsh, they have the H2 on sale today (last day of a 3 day sale) for $119.

I use the h4 as an usb mic and if the h2 has the same mic set up, sweets' suggestion is also good if you want a decent recorder also.

By the way, has anyone used either the h2 or the h4 as an interface for other non-usb mics?

Quote Originally Posted by didgeridoo2 View Post
    By the way, has anyone used either the h2 or the h4 as an interface for other non-usb mics?
    I use the H4 as a USB interface for other mics as well as my ukulele pickup and my Alesis drum machine. It works great. The H4 has XLR 1/4" inputs, whereas the H2 doesn't. That's not important to me, since I don't have any mics that need the 48v. The H2 does have one 1/8" mic input. One thing I don't like about the H4 is that you cannot use the built in mics and an external input at the same time, which is strange because you can use both of the 1/4" inputs simultaneously. I'm not sure if you can use an external mic and the H2's internal mic simultaneously , or not.
    Last edited by SweetWaterBlue; 03-27-2011 at 09:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SweetWaterBlue View Post
    I have used the H4 as an interface for other mics as well as my ukulele pickup and my Alesis drum machine. It works great. The H4 has XLR 1/4" inputs, whereas the H2 doesn't. That's not important to me, since I don't have any mics that need the 48v. The H2 does have one 1/8" mic input. One thing I don't like about the H4 is that you cannot use the built in mics and an external input at the same time. I'm tot sure if you can do that on an H2, or not.
    Thanks sweet. I was browsing for new mics and the clerk was showing me non usb mics and mentioning how I'd need an interface system for recording on my MAC and I figured I could use the h4 instead of buying a whole new piece of equipment. I know I can add two mics using the 1/4" inputs. Do you use a 1/8 to a 1/4" converter when plugging your instrument into the h4? I think I've seen them at radio shack.

Quote Originally Posted by didgeridoo2 View Post
    Thanks sweet. I was browsing for new mics and the clerk was showing me non usb mics and mentioning how I'd need an interface system for recording on my MAC and I figured I could use the h4 instead of buying a whole new piece of equipment. I know I can add two mics using the 1/4" inputs. Do you use a 1/8 to a 1/4" converter when plugging your instrument into the h4? I think I've seen them at radio shack.
    didgeridoo2 - No. My pickup has a 1/4" output jack so I just use a regular guitar chord to plug it into the H4 1/4" input. I also have a 1/4" out on my drum machine, so I use that. If I do end up replacing the H4 with an H2, I will have to go the other way - that is 1/4" to 1/8" adapters.

I'm dense when it comes to this stuff, I meant xlr to 1/4" adaptor. The h4 doesn't have a 1/4" input. Or I don't think mine does. It is one of the earlier models (3 years old maybe?).

Thread Information