Hello from Surrey! (the UK one)

J-UK

Reaction score
Hi folks,

I thought I stop by and introduce myself (I've been lurking for a while). I'm Julian and I started trying to play the Ukulele back in November (2010).

So far I'm only playing sopranos - I started with a beat up really cheap old Mahalo, but now I've recently upgraded to a shiny new Lanikai (Flame Maple Soprano).

I came to UU looking for more information on how to play, but now I've found the Luthier's Lounge I'm going to take a shot at building my own uke(s)!

Julian.

Aloha Julian,
Welcome to the UU and our forums and the ukulele, glad to hear your finally registered...you lurker...google Musicteacher2101 and Keonepax for awesome ukulele tutorial videos and Dr Uke for songs, chords,
and instructions......Have fun and enjoy, Happy Strummings..MM Stan...

Hullo from another UK-er! :D

Alohas and welcome to the Underground! I'll be travelling to UK soon. Have fun on this site!

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

I'd already happened upon Ukulele Mike, but Keonepax is a new one to me and definitely one to follow up. I have to say I've been pretty amazed by the number of readily available songs and tutorials for the ukulele I've found by just googling about a bit, and the diversity of musical styles they cover.

Last edited:
Top Bottom