::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 8!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good! I posted on another thread by a beginner who was worried about buzzing and I told him it was not a big deal because I had seen lots of experienced players buzzing at UWC and did not think it was something exclusive to beginners :)

As it turns out, you didn't mean what I thought you meant.

sukie, this one is for you:
267516_10150222416780208_593995207_7239295_6142873_n.jpg

Hey, Jon.

I found this book on dealing with sound mixing for the church. It looks like a good one.

http://www.amazon.ca/Ultimate-Church-Sound-Operators-Handbook/dp/1617805572/ref=sr_1_5?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1309304759&sr=1-5

Wow, Ronin - thanks! That is way more detail than I would ever have expected, but it looks like the author really considered everything...I'm debating - it's a lot of money for me to spend, but I have money in my church budget...it would probably be a really good investment!

Wow, Ronin - thanks! That is way more detail than I would ever have expected, but it looks like the author really considered everything...I'm debating - it's a lot of money for me to spend, but I have money in my church budget...it would probably be a really good investment!

Jon it's $25 canadian dollars. Isn't that like $15 USDs? or has the dollar fallen that much?

It was very hot and humid here today. I was sweating so much at work that the moisture shorted out my hearing aids and they shut down. Freaked me out; I thought they were ruined. Seem to be okay now, though....

What ?

Sorry, couldn't hear you. The rain shorted out my hearing aids.

Jon it's $25 canadian dollars. Isn't that like $15 USDs? or has the dollar fallen that much?

Last I checked the exchange rate was about even.

I read some of the reviews of the book...not so sure now. Some very serious accusations in the reviews about the advice the author gives. Apparently some of the advice in the book could be quite deadly.

Same here.

Go away, Beej. Don't you have a deadline or something?

;)

Haha, yeah... I sunk a couple hours into a song that turned out really awful so I've kind of scrapped it. I sent what I had to see if they wanted me to keep working, but I doubt they'll like it.

I've started something else that's just a whole lot more interesting now.

You know, E, I had a friend who had kidney stones. At 16. He drank nothing but soda. He had to pee through this thing that looked more or less like a cone coffee filter. So we took one and punched holes on either side and tied a rubber band to it and made him wear it like a party hat.

I still giggle when I think about it.

Unless I'm totally wrong about your problem being kidney stones. I'm judging totally based upon some picture I noticed that someone else posted.

Got my ebay listings up to 81! Tomorrow it will be over 100! MARK. MY. WORDS! Just found a whole shipment I just got probably has to go back. I hate returning things.

Tired. Been looking at the computer all day! My back hurts from the chair!

It's about a buck more in US$. Yes, alas, the US dollar has fallen that much. I was paid by one of my Skype students in US$ recently and it was less than Can$.

About eight or ten years back the exchange rate was, I believe, 62 or 64 cents US for a Canadian dollar. Now if Ronin got it right, and he probably did, it would be $1.04 US for one dollar Canadian.

I thought, what the heck, I should learn Tiptoe Through the Tulips. It's not quite as simple as you might think. The verse is not too bad.

[C]Tiptoe [A7] by the [F] window [G7]
By the [C] window [E7]
That’s [F] where I’ll [Fm] be,
Come [C] tiptoe [A7] through the [F] tulips [G7]
With [C] me [A7] [F] [G7]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom