::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 8!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, it is 11:39. Time for bed. Levi was going to get up early, clean out the ice cream machine, and get ready for the event and do the event tomorrow, but... alas, he is having an allergy fit that makes him super sniffly! Kinda gross when serving ice cream. Got ukes to send out tomorrow... so... I will be up at 6am. I hope I will be able to roll out of bed that early!

you are super mim.

268843_10150224707630208_593995207_7260423_6138658_n.jpg

So I'm writing this game music for a friend... He's happy with what I've done so far. He especially likes the guitar riffs I've included.

But there are no guitar riffs.

There are ukulele riffs that I've warped and tuned down to sound like guitar riffs.

I think I'll tell him when the project is complete.

So I'm writing this game music for a friend... He's happy with what I've done so far. He especially likes the guitar riffs I've included.

But there are no guitar riffs.

There are ukulele riffs that I've warped and tuned down to sound like guitar riffs.

I think I'll tell him when the project is complete.

ehhhh, wait until it is published:)

Well that's not a very polite thing to say about the beach, i am very good friends with the beach, and happen to know that it is quite sensitive. its feelings have probably been hurt :(

Another really good night. I went out to "Chewstick", which is this poetry/reggae/conscious/griot thing that got their own space this year. It's really cool, but I don't really ever go because I can only take so much earnestness.
They were doing a promotional gig for a charity CD organized by the guy who runs the open mic, with the artists playing their songs.
The guy who created Chewstick is a good buddy, so I thought it'd be a good opportunity to show support and say hi, etc.

Well, the turnout wasn't as good as expected, for both audience and performers.
So, Tony, the open mic guy, tells me he's gonna bring me up (I had my 8string with me, 'cuz I had planned on making a "Man on the street" video later as an exercise in growing a pair) after he does one song.
So he does "Big Yellow Taxi" (an appropriate song for here, as they literally did just that recently. Tore down one of the cruise ship sheds (where Customs is, etc... way to support tourism, dicks...) and put in a parking lot. RIGHT on the waterfront in Hamilton. Idiots) and rants between verses. By the third verse, he's going off about insecticides getting in the soil and how it's really bad s**, yaddee yaddee yadda.
The whole song lasted about 20 minutes. Oy.

So up I come.
"Heya... don't worry, everyone. We WILL be handing out razorblades later." which got a laugh, then went off on Tony a little, ragging on him.
Then I said "There's only one song I can really do right now..." and went into Martin Sexton's "Happy", which went over really well.
Then I did Alan's joke about "My Favorite Train Song" (The "Soul Sister" intro, then "I've Been Workin' On The Railroad") and closed with "Over The Rainbow"... with drums. A buddy of mine (who's a drummer, but a worse timekeeper than I am!) just decided I needed a full on drum accompaniment.
It was ridiculous and made me laugh openly, which, of course, completely screwed me up, which made me laugh harder.

I begged off, but got a really nice round of applause.

Happy night for me.

Never did do the video, though.

I did hit a couple of other bars and have some other ideas about a direction to take and some bits of business I can do with some dubstep reggae songs etc.

Just want to thank you all again. I wouldn't be able to do any of this without you lot in my life.

Well that's not a very polite thing to say about the beach, i am very good friends with the beach, and happen to know that it is quite sensitive. its feelings have probably been hurt :(

GOOD!

I haven't been to the beach in years (even though I live about 400 yards from one) and I STILL have sand in... places.

Mike, if you can just take the spirit of the way you performed at UWC, and take it with you anytime you're on stage, you'll blow away any crowd.

Good Morning All! Headed out to do the community farmers market, yard sale, thrift store tour. Hope you all have a great day!

Thread Information

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (1 members and 0 guests)

Ukulelerob

It is a weekend isn't it?

Oh well.

Avery happy and prosperous new day to all!

I did it! I bought a Wechter 1720 travel elite guitar. From what I've been reading people like it more than the Baby Taylor and Little Martin!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom