Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a nice Tenor (mainland mahog?)

Default Looking for a nice Tenor (mainland mahog?)

Hey everyone,
    My friend and I are looking at doing a trade. He wants to pick up the ukulele as a hobby and he is afraid of my ukes. So we are looking for a used Mainland Mahogany tenor with gloss or red cedar, or any other tenor with spruce top in the $300 range. Less is better. If you got one you are willing to let go. let me know.

Why is he afraid of your ukes?

There've been a few Kala thinline spruce top travel tenors here recently. I have one and they are very nice, very good players and quite loud.

John - He might look into the Ohana Mahogany top with pickup and cutaway that UkeRepublic has on sale for $239 right now. I'm not sure if Mike has one in stock you can test, but it seems like a good price for that one.

Quote Originally Posted by itsme View Post
    Why is he afraid of your ukes?

There've been a few Kala thinline spruce top travel tenors here recently. I have one and they are very nice, very good players and quite loud.
    He's never.played before and my ukes are quite expensive. i offered to restring my ana'ole for him but he said no.

Haolejohn, sent you a PM about my Kala Thinline Tenor. Also, I second SweetWaterBlue's suggestion. UkeRepublic carries a lot of different ukes and should have something in your friend's price range. Plus it's in Atlanta. You might be able to drive there and pick up something on the same day.

I'm I missing something? Mainland is showing they have Tenor Mahog Gloss with cutaway and slotted headstock, in stock and less than $300.

http://shop.mainlandukuleles.com/pro...6&categoryId=3

Whatcha waiting for?

Yeah, was gonna say the basic tenor mainlaind mahogany tenor (customized-gloss or matte, choice of tuners) is only 250 brand new...and it feels like it's worth much more than that!

I have already contacted mike. I have a travel uke and he didn't want it. I know we can get a new but he wants used.
    Quote Originally Posted by imeggman View Post
    Yeah, was gonna say the basic tenor mainlaind mahogany tenor (customized-gloss or matte, choice of tuners) is only 250 brand new...and it feels like it's worth much more than that!

Quote Originally Posted by haolejohn View Post
    I have already contacted mike. I have a travel uke and he didn't want it. I know we can get a new but he wants used.
    It doesn't have to be a mainland. It can be anything around $300.

Hey John, sent you a PM. Thanks

Thread Information