Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: AC/DC on ukulele - It's a Long Way to the Top ...

Default AC/DC on ukulele - It's a Long Way to the Top ...

This is the Blue Mountains Ukulele Group or Blue MUGs - we're based to the west of Sydney -we perform most weekends, and we make a lot of people happy while at the same time having extreme fun. I'm there in the front row in the santa cap strummin' my heart out. The song always goes off

Thanks for sharing! Looks like everyone is having so much fun...

Until 8 months ago I had never played a string instrument. Up until about 4 months ago I had never made music with a group of people. It is such a thrill. Thanks for sharing. You are all having so much fun. I love the song.
    RoxHum

"Music self-played is happiness self-made"

Outrageous fun! This is awesome. I wantto play this. Thanks for sharing.
    MY UKULELES:
    Mainland Mango Concert
    Lava Concert Fluke
    Waverly Street #166 Concert

Hey Jen,

The Rowers club is always a fun gig, just to let the UU members know, earlier in the day we had performed at five different nursing homes so this was our sixth gig for the day.

If you get the chance to get along to see the Blue MUGs make sure that you bring your uke.
    Royal mahogany concert
    Gretsch mahogany soprano x 2
    Ashton Soprano
    Isaac Ware cedar top soprano
    Mahalo Smilie soprano
    Tanglewood mahogany cutaway soprano TU1-CE

Quote Originally Posted by robbocx View Post
    Hey Jen,

The Rowers club is always a fun gig, just to let the UU members know, earlier in the day we had performed at five different nursing homes so this was our sixth gig for the day.

If you get the chance to get along to see the Blue MUGs make sure that you bring your uke.
    Thanks for that welcome addition Steve
    Yes it was a ukulele lover's paradise that day. We did a "Nursing Home Crawl" on the Saturday morning - 5 performances of cheery Christmassy songs plus meeting and greeting folks at each Aged Care facility along the way. We then grabbed a very quick bite to eat and descended upon the Nepean Rowing Club for our end-of-year celebratory gig - 3-5pm. It was, as always, a fantastic afternoon. As Steve says - if ever you get to see the Blue MUGs bring your uke - we like to party, and the more the merrier !

Quote Originally Posted by DeG View Post
    Looks like a lot of fun, Jen!
    Hey Chris - yes - fun is the name of the game - fun to the max, fun for everyone! Maybe we can have some fun with this one at UWC - you up for a jam?

Oh My GOD....I am buying a plane ticket to Sydney right now- this looks like the kind of fun I am made to have!

Quote Originally Posted by roxhum View Post
    Until 8 months ago I had never played a string instrument. Up until about 4 months ago I had never made music with a group of people. It is such a thrill. Thanks for sharing. You are all having so much fun. I love the song.
    Aloha Roxanne
    I am so happy that from that world in which you had no experience of making music or playing with others you have now taken the path with the ukulele. It IS such a thrill. And how far you've come in 8 months. It is impossible to express the joy that the ukulele has given me - I couldn't have imagined 2 and a half years ago that I would be making music with others almost every weekend as I now do, performing in lots of different venues - and mostly making a lot of people happy while at the same time having a blast. It's just so great sharing the joy of the uke. Let me know if in any way I can help you

Thread Information