Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: UU VIP Program

Yeah, been using PayPal for years with no problems. Prefer to deal with businesses that offer PayPal, then only one business has my credit card info and it doesn't get blasted across the Internet.
    Some of my toys:
    Taylor 814CE
    Gibson Les Paul Standard, Cherry Sunburst
    Pono Mango Gloss Tenor Uke
    Epiphone Les Paul Concert Uke

Harley-Davidson 100th Anniversary Ultra-Classic

PayPal is fine...EvilBay is of the devil!!! LOL

Thank for everything...
    "When the ocean dies, surfing dies"
    "Ban the deed, not the breed!!"

I know some of you will be tempted to either school me on it, or chide me for it, but its how i feel.

When the recurring membership is gone, I'm in with both feet.
    Last edited by coolkayaker1; 03-07-2012 at 01:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by coolkayaker1 View Post
    I know some of you will be tempted to either school me on it, or chide me for it, but its how i feel.

When the recurring membership is gone, I'm in with both feet.

Ho, Bruddah coolkayaker1,

What do you have against recurring memberships? My inquiring mind wants to know.

Changing the subject ... how are you liking your Pono RTSH-E?

Aloha,

Kimo

Most people don't realize that you can go to PayPal and see a list of your recurring memberships and edit them accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by cnkguitarsandukes View Post
    Ho, Bruddah coolkayaker1,

What do you have against recurring memberships? My inquiring mind wants to know.

Changing the subject ... how are you liking your Pono RTSH-E?

Aloha,

Kimo
    Hi, Kimo. few reasons. Enough to think about in life without remembering to go into Paypal and edit out recurring payments. My credit card statement is long (three pages monthly), and I'd likely miss it. I don't want to belong and pay for anything forever, or by spotting something that has already been paid by Paypal and then trying to recoup the money--life's too short. I don't want to allow access on a recurrent basis to my Paypal account to anyone or any organization (and that's what signing up for recurrent payments allows, legally), I belong to at least six forums, from kayaking to hammocking (hammockforums.net) to writers/authors but none have only a recurrent payment system (most send a blast email asking for a renewal), so that's how I handle it.

That said, I believe firmly in owners of websites doing what they feel is best, business-wise, for themselves. They garner more revenue from recurrent memberships, then great. They weigh in, I'm sure, that a certain percentage of people feel as I do, and they determine for themselves if it's worthwhile to have only--and the key word here is only--recurrent memberships. Maybe there's 25% of forum users out here who feel as I do, and they'd be losing a ton with the policy. Maybe I'm the only one, and they'd gaining from having everyone renew, whether they thought of doing it or not (it just shows up on the credit card, bang).

I answer because you ask, Kimo. Nothing more, and not telling UU how to do things.

I do like the Pono, but getting used to tenor with my concert sized hands--well, the jury is still out on that one. lol THanks, man.
    Martin Sopranos: 0M: 30, 64 ---
    1M: 22Dit, 23Dit, 24Dit, 49, 55--1K 26
    2M: 22, 23Dit, 23Dit, 49, 60, 12 --- 2K: 25, 12
    3M: 25, 48, 55x2, 12(ch) 3K: 29
    The Gibsons: Styles 2&3 28;1&2&3x3 27;UB1 25
    Tonk American 28; Favilla 55; Smeck Vita 30; Kamaka Gold Deluxe 60
    Kiwaya Thinline KS-0P Soprano; Gretsch American 30
    Covered Bridge Honduran Hog tenor
    Pono Maple Tenor, BE Acacia Bari & MS Sop

Per Rayan reportedly new website will be up soon and with that annual membership will be back...that is what I am waiting for...that I can remember to check! Just my personal opinion, no disrespect to anyone else intended.

Hi, Kimo. few reasons. Enough to think about in life without remembering to go into Paypal and edit out recurring payments. My credit card statement is long (three pages monthly), and I'd likely miss it. I don't want to belong and pay for anything forever, or by spotting something that has already been paid by Paypal and then trying to recoup the money--life's too short. I don't want to allow access on a recurrent basis to my Paypal account to anyone or any organization (and that's what signing up for recurrent payments allows, legally), I belong to at least six forums, from kayaking to hammocking (hammockforums.net) to writers/authors but none have only a recurrent payment system (most send a blast email asking for a renewal), so that's how I handle it.

That said, I believe firmly in owners of websites doing what they feel is best, business-wise, for themselves. They garner more revenue from recurrent memberships, then great. They weigh in, I'm sure, that a certain percentage of people feel as I do, and they determine for themselves if it's worthwhile to have only--and the key word here is only--recurrent memberships. Maybe there's 25% of forum users out here who feel as I do, and they'd be losing a ton with the policy. Maybe I'm the only one, and they'd gaining from having everyone renew, whether they thought of doing it or not (it just shows up on the credit card, bang).

I answer because you ask, Kimo. Nothing more, and not telling UU how to do things.

I do like the Pono, but getting used to tenor with my concert sized hands--well, the jury is still out on that one. lol THanks, man.

Mahalo for answering my question, Brah!

You have a valid reason and I respect that. I hope you're getting a better feel for your Pono RTSH-E Tenor. The more time you spend playing your Pono, the more comfortable it will get. Have fun!

Aloha,

Kimo

Default UU Plus Membership Without Recurring Dues! Thank you, UU Ryan, Aaron, Aldrine.

As mentioned in my recent post, I desired a non-recurring membership to UU. Maybe it's me that just didn't see it (and I now noticed it with the revamped and improved Home page), or maybe it was only now made available from UU, but either way, I see a one year, non-recurring annual payment option for UU+.

As promised, I'm in! With both feet. And bells on.

I appreciate this website sincerely, having learned much from the videos. Heck, I can now play Under the Bridge by RHCP thanks to UU!

So, signing up for a year, non-recurring, today. And appreciate the efforts of these young site owners.

Thanks, UU. Here I come, UU+. Bruddah, Kimo>> I'm in! Steve
    Last edited by coolkayaker1; 03-11-2012 at 08:53 AM.
    Martin Sopranos: 0M: 30, 64 ---
    1M: 22Dit, 23Dit, 24Dit, 49, 55--1K 26
    2M: 22, 23Dit, 23Dit, 49, 60, 12 --- 2K: 25, 12
    3M: 25, 48, 55x2, 12(ch) 3K: 29
    The Gibsons: Styles 2&3 28;1&2&3x3 27;UB1 25
    Tonk American 28; Favilla 55; Smeck Vita 30; Kamaka Gold Deluxe 60
    Kiwaya Thinline KS-0P Soprano; Gretsch American 30
    Covered Bridge Honduran Hog tenor
    Pono Maple Tenor, BE Acacia Bari & MS Sop

Maybe it's me that just didn't see it...I see a one year, non-recurring annual payment option for UU+....Here I come, UU+. Bruddah, Kimo>> I'm in!
    I think the annual membership to UU+ ($120) has always been non-recurring. It's the UU VIP annual membership ($45) that has been and still is recurring.
    Kanile'a K-1 Tenor Premium Handcrafted in Kane'ohe, Hawaii
    Wixom Custom Tenor Redwood top, Koa sides & back, low G

Thread Information