UU VIP Program

Im in, I sign up once i get paid. U guys ever tour out to portland?

Im in, I sign up once i get paid. U guys ever tour out to portland?

We are trying to get to the PNW this year. I went to school in oregon so hopefully can return to my old stomping grounds.

this is just for the forum although some parts like the contests do overlap with the upcoming UU+. Basically the long and short of it is , UU VIP = help keep the forum up and support the forum. UU+ = want to learn more and get better at the ukulele.

THANK YOU for the speedy response!

I must say, I really enjoyed the last open mic, it was good to see so much talent :)

Count me in!...1st Aussie??

You guys work so hard to spread the word of UKE... how can we not support ya!
Maholo to all the UU team!!
:cool:

Aloha Rayan,
Glad to support UU and I am proud and honor to be a member...I don't have a Pay Pal account...is there any other convienient way to send the payment to you...Stan

I think ima hold off on this till I know what the UU+ entails. Learning more and getting better sounds like my kinda deal.

In fact, since you are browsing the website, and using it already and done almost 500 posts , ill give you a breakdown on what things cost. I work in IT, servers specifically, so im only estimating this here.

Server cost: Probably around $200USD a month (depending on setup)
Time Cost: Probably a crapload to maintain, spam detecting on forum, server upgrades, backups, mainenance etc
Domain cost: probably diddly, but its a yearly cost
Current Income: whatever they get donated currently and adverts - probably not covering costs.

So currently, they would probably be running at a loss, which they are paying for themselves, to provide you guys with the resources you are using free of charge.
If regular users paid the $5 , they could cover costs they have currently and not be out of pocket.

Currently those not donating are pretty much taking money out of their pocket :)

I'm in! I love this sight, and you guys do a great job! I am looking forward to quicker loading times, now that I don't have to wait for banner ads to load. It might be nice to have some t-shirts made that the VIPs can purchase.

–Lori

When the UU+ comes out, will we be able to upgrade if we have already subscribed?

We wil work out something for uu vips for uu+. Sorry typing this from my phone. Thanks to all the new vips, you guys don't know how much it helps.

ps. Sorry if i seemed ranty or pointing to anyone in particular! Was not my intention, just wanted to point out the guys great work :)

This is a no brainer. You guys do a great job and I am more than happy to support you. Now I have to deicide what my new UU VIP user tag will be. I realy like the idea of increased PM capacity. Thanks again guys.

ps. Sorry if i seemed ranty or pointing to anyone in particular! Was not my intention, just wanted to point out the guys great work :)

That's cool Velo... this is UU - you may rant if needed - anyway - I cut ya some slack 'cause you are from NZ :p
And yep - as someone who has dabbled in running a board (not attempting the whole site!) their work is amazing :D

Oh well here I go making an ass of my self, again.

Really I'd have preferred that you had brought the price down way low and made all contributing posters members. Free perusal of the site, but if you wished to be part of the discussion and ask for help etc, you need to be a paid up member. I'm a bit sad that we will have two levels of UU membership. From my experiences elsewhere, the "members" tend to have an elitist attitude, and having special user titles tends to give such members an aura of exclusivness that can be retarding for non "members". The joy of UU for me has been the willingness for members to share their knowledge with candour and alloha spirit, as I felt that we were all equalls and one person's opinion was as valid as the next. The assuming of user titles in my opinion jeopardizes that equality.

This comment does not in any way diminish my high esteem of this forum and it's members, nor my thanks and regards to the creators and maintainers of the forum. Heck I dont even begrudge the $$$. But a change has been wrought to our ukulele home. As a confirmed luddite, I lament that change.

Cheers, Tony

(mmmm when I have paid up I wonder if will I keep the UU VIP user title to provide my self with sufficient gravitas to post such comments? I'll probably cow and do so)

Hey Guys, I'm in for the year. Well worth the money to keep UU up and running, plus you need to make something for your time. Thanks again Rayan, Aldrine and all the staff at UU.

Jack

Top Bottom