Contest: Healing Powers of the Uke for Musicguymic

I really appreciated all those videos posted so far.

Eugene, I will soon be adding my harp with my uke so when I was listening to you blow I didn't want you to stop.

Uki always makes me laugh. Very subtle humor.

subscribed to Leroy, another uke player I want to sound like.

Hello,

You should look to get hold of an eleuke - it can be plugged into a regular guitar amp, but also has a headphone socket you can plug direct to the instrument . Its virtually silent without plugging it in. They are highly regarded.

stainless steel stair rail

I really appreciated all those videos posted so far.

Eugene, I will soon be adding my harp with my uke so when I was listening to you blow I didn't want you to stop.

Uki always makes me laugh. Very subtle humor.

subscribed to Leroy, another uke player I want to sound like.

ha ha Suzuk

I can't play the harmonica for nuts. Just fumbling around mate. Thing is, with the ol harmonica I kind of am from the Bob Dylan school: you're only half a blow away from the right note, so just keep breathing in and out!!!! It's all hit and miss with me I'm afraid! :eek:

One of the reasons I kept up with the ukulele is because the uke community has been very kind and supportive. Most ukulele players I've encountered have a great vibe and energy about them. I don't know Music Guy Mike (though a friend of mine has bought a number of ukes through him) but he seems to be big in this wonderful community. I've gotten so much joy from playing and connecting with other players, I just wanted to put this out there for MGM in the spirit of what the ukulele community means to me. Get well soon.

mgm...just a song to cheer you up...uke's need people like you.

hope all is getting better. i have seen that you have brought ukulele sunshine into a lot of peoples lives.
1:30 is when the uke sun shines, if you want to avoid the cloudy stuff. heard this song, though not knowing you, made me think of you. good wishes.

Thanks Everyone so far

Hey Y'all,
one week into the contest I would like to thank everyone for all the positive energy and creativity!
Keep it up.

Mahalo,
Christian

hi gang. thanks for a really worthwhile thing chrimess. I wanted to sing a Hawaiian song but this is the closest I've got. Bless you Mike, many prayers are being sent up for you.

loved it! Can you post the chord progression? That was just fun to listen to and I bet will be more fun to play!

One of the reasons I kept up with the ukulele is because the uke community has been very kind and supportive. Most ukulele players I've encountered have a great vibe and energy about them. I don't know Music Guy Mike (though a friend of mine has bought a number of ukes through him) but he seems to be big in this wonderful community. I've gotten so much joy from playing and connecting with other players, I just wanted to put this out there for MGM in the spirit of what the ukulele community means to me. Get well soon.

now if this doesn't make you smile nothing will! loved it!

loved it! Can you post the chord progression? That was just fun to listen to and I bet will be more fun to play!

hi rem50

yeah, it's just the same 4 chords over and over: A / C#m / (Cm) / Bm / E ! Glad you liked it!

The Cm is just hit for one beat on the way back down the neck, on the way from C#m to Bm.

Get well musicguymic

Here is my entry into the GET-WELL-SOON Playlist for Musicguymic.

I recorded the song in one take but the video came after as I'm more worried about the sound than the video until I can invest in a camera with a good microphone. I hope all of our songs help Musicguymic for a quick recovery.

Aint No Reason

Last edited:
Absolutely loved that RPeters - had me gazing out of the window watching the trees blowing wildly in the wind while I listened - I'd buy that if it was released :)

Countdown to the final Week

Aloha,
The contest is heating up- thanks so much for all the contributions-some of them blew me away!

As we are about to enter the final week I would like to encourage you all to keep it up and show the love to a remarkeable member of the Ukulele community.

Mahalo,
Christian

Thank you Christian for doing this. We all know MGM is such a pillar of the community, this is a really nice way to wish him well. Mahalo,

Doug

Sending healing thoughts your way, MGM

final stretch of spreading the healing Aloha

... We are done to the final hours, spread some more Aloha and raise those healing powers.

Mahalo,
Christian

sorry, contest ends at high noon on Saturday Eastern Time...

...Thanks for all contributions.

I am the late horse but here it is, my video. sorry it took so long, Im kinda ill myself and it took a lot of effort. It doesnt start out as much , but wait for it , it build towards the end ;)

So thanks UUers for inspiring me to make a total ass of myself hah! but if it cheers up Mike and any one else, it worth it. I just hope it doesnt make anyone feel sicker from watching it , I look and sound realy awful! It sure was funn making it though, very hard not to laugh, and definately one takers, but boy am I hurtin and exausted *whew* ;)

Sending Healing Thoughts to Musicguymic

"The blues they send to meet me won't defeat me,
It won't be long 'til happiness steps up to greet me."

My humble submission:
  • My first ever uke video
  • My first ever time videoing something using my Blackberry (that'll tell you all you need to know about the video and sound quality :rolleyes: )
  • It's angled because my phone was propped up on a roll of ducttape on the dining room table so the phone mike wasn't muffled.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WzCh2Q6JHk

Top Bottom