Where are they? Kala U-bass, Epi Les Paul Uke.

ukestang

Reaction score
Been trying to buy a Kala U-bass and an Epiphone Les Paul uke for several months, where are they? Why do companies promote things they cannot deliver? Frustrating, any ideas?

Epi did deliver the Les Paul uke. I got mine a month or so ago. They sold out of the warehouse pretty quick though, so your only hope for one until the next batch is to find a store that has one. Orders for the 2nd batch is filling up too I assume.

I've got mine, also - from the same vendor as Tudorp. My local Epiphone dealer was told a few weeks back that the warehouse was out, and it would be 45-60 days before any new ones shipped.

Just to show you how tight the supplies are, pedalfreak told me that they had ordered 6 Epi les pauls, but only two were delivered.

(And they both went to UU members! Yee, haw!)

-Kurt

I've got mine, also - from the same vendor as Tudorp. My local Epiphone dealer was told a few weeks back that the warehouse was out, and it would be 45-60 days before any new ones shipped.

Just to show you how tight the supplies are, pedalfreak told me that they had ordered 6 Epi les pauls, but only two were delivered.

(And they both went to UU members! Yee, haw!)

-Kurt

Pedalfreak got our backs.. lol

I would pre-order ya the epi then, because I bet only the pre-orders stand a chance of getting them for the second batch. if ya wait for them to be available, no one will have them again. I doubt they even had to hang em on the wall. The les paul should be getting fairly ready to be turned loose for the 2nd run pretty soon.

The fretted UBASS aren't hard to find - I've had mine for several months. If you want a fretless mahogany UBASS stand in line - the upgright bass players are grabbing them faster than Kala can make them.

John

The fretted UBASS aren't hard to find - I've had mine for several months. If you want a fretless mahogany UBASS stand in line - the upgright bass players are grabbing them faster than Kala can make them.

John

A lot of uke companies seem to get low this time of year. It gets better around mid-summer.

I played a fretted U-bass the other day in a store in Adelaide, South Australia. That probably doesn't help you, but for what it's worth I had a lot of fun. They are around, but you'll have to hunt, and seriously, some ebay stores are a very good option. I sourced a uke from an ebay store in the US [Hi Mim, I'm still playing that uke every day and I love it] and had it paid for safely and delivered promptly all the way across the wide Pacific Ocean to me.

My advice, be careful, but don't lock yourself out of opportunities needlessly.

Update, had pre ordered Epi Les paul from Sam Ash, they are now in stock and mine is being processed for shipping, now to find a u-bass. By the way, I have nothing against e-bay stores, many reputable ones, especially on here, just don't want to fool with paypal etc.

Top Bottom