Something I've been wanting to do

Timbuck

Reaction score
While it's still the silly season for me and there's nothing on any of the TV channels but a documentry about some stupid prince getting hitched :biglaugh: ..I've decided to have a go at making a Tenor uke out of an old pallet that came with some stuff I bought on E-bay last year..I dismantled it and put it in a dry place and waited until today to resaw it into a set..I've wanted to do this ever since I saw a pic of a guitar made like this.
This is the pieces of Pallet

PICT0010-2 by Ken Timms, on Flickr
PICT0007 by Ken Timms, on Flickr

Last edited:
Hi! Ken,
very nice looking board.

Just out of curiosity, is that board for the top quartersawn or...?
I am always wondering about that when I see this kind of grain.
Thanks
Looking forward to seeing your progress.

I don't know how it's gonna sound, and, to be honest, I don't care! *grin*

It's prolly gonna LOOK AWESOME!

I'm not really bothered if it's quarter sawn..I'm doing this for a bit of fun.;) :smileybounce:

Of course you're not! And no need for a sound hole with all those nail pukas!
.......eye bolts as tuners and rusty nails for frets. Gonna do it, you might as well do it right.........

Last edited:
You do interesting threads Prince Timbuck ! Watched the BBC channel on dish as they reported on the event. It is amazing what these Royalists are prepared to do, to claim their spots along the route. I suppose I am not much better typing on a forum about ukuleles. He He .The Plankulele, or the Holelele is going to be interesting, and I am holding thumbs for the bending exercise. Thank You. By the way what did you coat your outside workbench with?? Looking at my screen it looks like the colour of Red Oxide, but that is probably not what you used, as your shed sports the same colour?

This is great fun! I am enjoying this thread and can't wait to see how it progresses.

Top Bottom