Song Help Request Looking for Dog/Cat songs

Wanted to add I Wanna be Your Dog but Mike beat me to it!
Try "Our Hour (the Puppy Love Song)" by Spike Jones and his City Slickers. actually a cover I think...

Last edited:
I can't believe I didn't suggest My Dog Loves Your Dog back when this thread first started. Sheesh!

My dad used to sing this to me when I was a kid. It's an old Hawaiian song called "C-A-T popoki make a cat." There isn't a great version on YouTube but this is one with sign language done to an old recording.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MPWWFqzYE4

I have the lyrics and chords somewhere if you want me to find them :)

If you've ever heard of Trailer Park Boys (a Canadian mockumentary comedy show that ran for a few years), you might like 'Kitties are so nice'. If you haven't heard of TPB, then you probably should :D

So I watched the utube and went 'oh that's kinda silly', then sang the song around the house the rest of the day. Guess I'm silly too. I'll change the words to fit my Otis who came out of a woodchuck carcass, Scooter who was being poked with a stick by kids in a Dairy Queen parking lot, and Skip who was found caught in a trap and lost a leg and his sham-wows during the same surgery. Thanks!!

John Prine did a song called Jumpin Jehosaphat (later renamed to Living In the Future) that has this opening lyric:

Jehosaphat the mongrel cat
Jumped off the roof today
Some would say he fell but I could tell
He did himself away
His eyes weren't bright like they were the night
We played checkers on the train
God Bless his soul he was a tootsie roll
But he's a dead cat just the same

...but the rest of the song is rather off-topic...

Top Bottom