Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Machine That Breaks In New Ukes

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Airstream, USA
    Posts
    328

    Default Machine That Breaks In New Ukes

    Master luthier Ron Saul discusses tonal vibration and demonstrates his "little plucker", designed to play a new ukulele in. Check it out.
    http://playukulelebyear.blogspot.com

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Lahaina, Maui
    Posts
    448

    Default

    I used to use a more sophisticated version of this using pink noise and a magnetic driver that I learned from another luthier friend of mine but I recently changed over to using a Tonerite. These things are seriously awesome and do wonders on a uke. They are also much more convenient and don't damage the strings. FYI, I am also a dealer if anyone needs a sweet deal or just go to tonerite.com
    Eric DeVine
    www.DeVineGuitars.com

    Simply the finest custom ukuleles and hand made guitars in the world.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Big Island, Hawaii
    Posts
    5,192

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DeVineGuitars View Post
    I used to use a more sophisticated version of this using pink noise and a magnetic driver that I learned from another luthier friend of mine but I recently changed over to using a Tonerite. These things are seriously awesome and do wonders on a uke. They are also much more convenient and don't damage the strings. FYI, I am also a dealer if anyone needs a sweet deal or just go to tonerite.com
    Tonerite! That's the one I was trying to think of.
    But you're bursting my bubble Eric. I thought you were just a damned fine builder! (I had the chance to play one of yours a while back at PuaPua and was impressed.)
    Chuck Moore
    Moore Bettah Ukuleles
    http://www.moorebettahukes.com

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Lahaina, Maui
    Posts
    448

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Moore Bettah Ukuleles View Post
    Tonerite! That's the one I was trying to think of.
    But you're bursting my bubble Eric. I thought you were just a damned fine builder! (I had the chance to play one of yours a while back at PuaPua and was impressed.)
    Ha, thanks
    I just got the tonerite a couple of weeks ago and used it for the first time. I could not believe what it did to a brand new uke. Volume, clearity and playability were all improved after a couple of days with it. You should give one a try Chuck, they are pretty cool.
    Eric DeVine
    www.DeVineGuitars.com

    Simply the finest custom ukuleles and hand made guitars in the world.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Big Island, Hawaii
    Posts
    5,192

    Default

    Ummmm...(isn't this the kind of thing we professional builders are supposed to keep on the down-low?)
    Next you gonna be telling us where you get all that gorgeous koa!
    Chuck Moore
    Moore Bettah Ukuleles
    http://www.moorebettahukes.com

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Lahaina, Maui
    Posts
    448

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Moore Bettah Ukuleles View Post
    Ummmm...(isn't this the kind of thing we professional builders are supposed to keep on the down-low?)
    Next you gonna be telling us where you get all that gorgeous koa!
    The first one is free.... The next one is gonna cost ya.
    Eric DeVine
    www.DeVineGuitars.com

    Simply the finest custom ukuleles and hand made guitars in the world.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •