Solid Mahog Concert Ready to ship

Tudorp

Big guy with a lil' uke..
UU VIP
Reaction score
Hey guys.. I apologize that several of my ukes have not been ready to ship. I ended up with a buttload of them all at once to set up, so it's been slow going. But I am happy to tell ya'll, this Concert is ready to ship.

Concert size. Solid Mahogany, Set up with the new Aquila Nylguts. Sealed gear tuners, bone nut and saddle, rosewood fretboard, bridge, and headstock veneer, solid maple neck, Beautiful Abalone and MOP inlay on fretboard w/MOP markers and side markers. Really cool checked pattern carved into the solid mahogany top. Bull horn strap button on end of bout with abalone dot inlay and sharp rosewood, mahogany, maple binding at the mating joint on the side bout. Really nice uke. PLENTY of volume, great tone. Set up with nice comfortable action. A real show piece AND an awesome sounding and playing concert size uke.

Sound sample a few posts down.

$229.95 WITH hard case + shipping of $10 to lower 48.

You will love it..

concert2a.jpg

Last edited:
Cool! You can play chess on it too!! :)

lol.. I almost said the same thing when I got it. I told the wife to go get the checkers and lets go a round.. lol
But I like that detail. It's different, and pretty cool..

Here is a sound sample of this Mahogany Concert. Notice the texture carved checks in the top. Really cool detail. Also the floral abalone and MOP inlay in the fretboard. Really nice sounding mahogany. Much nicer tone than my mahogany Ohana. Also notice in this video, this thing is so resonate, just moving it through the air you can hear the strings resonate through the body. I never noticed that until today, after I set it up yesterday evening. I thought that was odd, but really cool and a testament to the resonance of this specific uke. You can hear what I am talking about as I move the uke around showing it, listen carefully and you can hear the strings resonate just from that movement. That alone yells that this uke WANTS to be, and is meant to be played.. ;)

Last edited:
WOW!!! Beautiful ukulele!
Did you pull the trigger on a large order?

Nick

Yes I did, I ened with with about 12 of them to set up. That is what had be overwhelmed with work and the delay getting them all ready to ship. Sometimes ya got to be careful what ya ask for, hahhah

Hopefully in a couple months we will have the details worked out for the builder to build ukes exclusive to me with my headstock and logo in MOP in the headstock.
We're still working out those details..

What kind are you going to keep for yourself?

What kind are you going to keep for yourself?

I am keeping the Acacia Concert, and one of the Curly Maple Tenors. The wife plans on stealing one of the tenors too, but waiting to see what's left after the dust settles, lol.. Or, I'll just get her another one if they sell out.

I wanted to give UU foke 1st shot at this, and other ukes I have available. I have had a couple takers, but ones that didn't get commitments head out to ebay. This one, and a tenor Curly maple is going to be listed on Ebay today. I will post the links. If ya want to put your name on one of these before they go the Ebay, let me know. I have no problem taking deposits until ya get your pennies in line. That, or even a Lay-A-Way thing. I am easy to deal with.

Thanks for looking at the ukes...

pm sent

PM sent. Sorry I have to type more so here is more typing.

Hi. What about the humidity/cracking problem with vietnamese ukes? The concert sounds really good to me, just a little scared of it......

Hi. What about the humidity/cracking problem with vietnamese ukes? The concert sounds really good to me, just a little scared of it......

There was a seller a couple years ago from Vietnam that had horrible problems with cracking because he used green wood. His ukes were notorious for simply falling apart. He did allot of very similar inlay work as the builder I get these from, and basically built "wall art". This builder is not him, but has suffered from the reputation left by the other guy that put out a bunch of junk. The other guy sold a buttload of ukes, and then just disapeared. There are several builders over there that build ukes, and the bad guy may still be out there lurking in the shadows to do it again, so sure ya have to be careful of him. The builder I get these from is not affiliated with the guy at all. I went over in detail with this guy and his builds before I bought my first one. He does have the occasional bad uke that comes out of his shop (About 10/15%). I have bought about 12 ukes from him so far, and ended up with one of those, which you can read about. He made that right with me though, and I expect to get one of the lemons every so often the more I get from him. That is part of the service I am providing, being a QA check point as well as doing proper set ups on his work. I am and will continue monitoring his work, and the more I deal with him, the more confidence I have in him as a builder.

Top Bottom