That is too awesome!
    Kala KA-S
    Takamine S-35

From the movie Reds. It is in the last 10 seconds or so of this clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEptenxMZk8

Woody Allen's Purple Rose of Cairo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vOuVTrvJpM

What brand of uke is it?

It's a Martin. Style O, I think, but possibly a Style 1. I couldn't see the "diagnostic feature" (a Style 1 and 2 would have double dot position marker at the 7th fret, but a Style O would just have a single dot there).
    Last edited by Chris Tarman; 08-23-2010 at 10:40 AM.
    There are two types of people in this world:
    1. Those who need closure.

ca. 1923-'27 Martin Style 3M, ca. 1927-'28 Martin Style 2M, 1950s Martin Style 1M, ca. 1930 Gibson Uke 3, Kiwaya KTS-7, Mainland Gloss Mahogany Soprano, Mainland Red Cedar Pineapple Soprano, Mainland Maple Soprano Banjo Uke, Flea Soprano, Maccaferri Islander Soprano and Baritone, et al...
    My paltry Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/user/ukecycle

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Tarman View Post
    It's a Martin. Style O, I think, but possibly a Style 1. I couldn't see the "diagnostic feature" (a Style 1 and 2 would have double dot position marker at the 5th fret, but a Style O would just have a single dot there).
    I want one.

I watched an old episode of Boy Meets World and Cory played an ukulele. Well, he didn't really play it. He just plucked the strings a bit. But he mentions the uke, so it counts. The ukulele was in the show

in the movie get him to the greek (summer movie of '11) they begin a scene with aldous snow finishing a song with his father. aldous was playing a ukulele and the father a guitar. the dialogue that follows, aldous is clearly seen holding a ukulele.

Hippie Dribble Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    There's a sweet little movie called "Stanley's Gig" about a misfit who dreams of getting a gig playing ukulele on a cruise ship and befriends an elderly jazz singer. I think Ian Whitcomb and maybe Jim Beloff did the uke playing on the soundtrack. It's on Netflix or you can watch an abbreviated version here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EswIZ...layer_embedded
    I just found a copy of "Stanley's Gig" yesterday on ebay for $2.99!!! and promptly ordered it. Recommended to anyone who likes to try and write songs. HIGHLY recommended to ALL ukulele geeks!!!! (yep, that's you I'm talkin' to bro & sis'). Lovely film with a nice helping of cheese.

In the UK show, "Fireman Sam", Trevor plays a Ukulele a few times, one time he forgets the food for the camping trip, but remembers his Ukulele...that guy has his priorities right!
    Astrid/Unknown Brand || Lilo/Ohana SK10S || Rhea/Luna Tattoo Pineapple || Hoa/Koa Pili Koko || Hope/Tanglewood TU1 CE || Kupuna/Eleuke Rosewood 100 Series || Joy/Poiple Flea || Cora/Clearwater Vita

Joey @ 4 Ukulele - My Ukulele Journey Blog || The Rocking Dodars || Bug Books: Joey Paul Online || "Like" me on FaceBook

In Ramona and Beezus, in the Music Class scene, they have a wall full of colorful Sopranos, I think they were Mahalos.

Thread Information