Eleuke question - different woods, how different?

Hiddencross

Reaction score
I know with a traditional uke the type of wood can make a huge difference in the sound of the instrument. However, with solid body construction is there any significant practical difference between the various Eleuke models and wood types or is it just a matter of taste, cost and preferences? All models (if I'm buying new) share the same electronics, tuners, fretboard, etc., right? Or are the various models different in more than shape?

There is no significant difference. You're basically paying for the shapes and looks.
Though one thing I would take into consideration is whether it has a cutaway shape. I always prefer cutaways on electrics.
If it gives you easier high fret access than a non-cutaway electric, why not?

Thanks Kissing, that's what I thought. Of course I like the solid mahogany (i.e., the most expensive) models the best. But if it is just cosmetic, I think the metallic black or rosewood is a better buy and those look really nice in my opinion. Oh and definitely a cutaway.

Thanks so much for posting this question - I was wondering the same thing myself. I'm hankering after a concert size Jazz Sunburst. :)

(edit: typo)

Thanks so much for posting this question - I was wondering the same thing myself. I'm hankering after a concert size Jazz Sunburst. :)

(edit: typo)

I have the concert jazz in gloss black. It's my favorite 'ukulele. Great sustain, and the size/shape plays and wears well with a strap.

I have the concert jazz in gloss black. It's my favorite 'ukulele. Great sustain, and the size/shape plays and wears well with a strap.
The black looks very cool B). Hmmmm, decisions like this always have me channelling my inner Hamlet. It seems like the less important the decision is the more I agonize over it.

I have the K series tenor in violet, I love it. Sounds great, but most important is the size and shape it feels so good in my hands and is so easy to play. Everyone I know (even guitar players) say it feels great in the hands. I can't imagine that no matter how you go, you will love it!
I got mine from Mim set up and ready to go...

Yes! I got mine from Mim as well. Two-day shipping, and the setup was great right out-of-the-box. Snark included as well. I got a "B-stock" for a great price. Thanks, again, Mim!

Yes! I got mine from Mim as well. Two-day shipping, and the setup was great right out-of-the-box. Snark included as well. I got a "B-stock" for a great price. Thanks, again, Mim!

I think I'll be going with Mim too. Now I just have to wait for my birthday.

Top Bottom