Thread: Eurovision song contest - watching ?

Default Eurovision song contest - watching ?

Well it's that time of the year again - so come on admit it - are YOU watching the Eurovision song contest ?

(Half an eye on it here with the other on the forum board lol - helped along by a Crabbies)
    health, hope and ukuleles

Hippie Dribble Guest

Yep, I'll be stealing more than a few glances while I'm at work tonight. Always like the Eurovision song contest. Besides, there are always very pretty ladies performing, heaps of classic and funny moments with the overacting and melodrama, and more cheese than a pizza factory. What's not to like?????

Lancashire, UK (Just around the corner from George Formby's old place)

I say Eugene, next year I feel certain that Australia will be entering what with there being an entry every year from that well known european country of Israel?
    Applause Ovation UAE 20
    Sheltone Ukulele Banjo 1971 (My ninth birthday present, thanks Dad) Brian May plays one on Bring Back That Leroy Brown on Shear Heart Attack
    Makala MK-C Concert
    Makala-Spookefoote Concert Resonator

Joining the discussion late but I feel Moldova should have won. Their song was the best by far and they had the most energetic performance! Voted for them.
    The thing about non-Euro countries competing is that the contest is for members of the European Broadcasting Federation, not for geographical Europe. Azerbaijan, Georgia, Israel and Armenia are members. If Australia becomes one too they can enter! :-)

Did you guys see Switzerland had a ukulele btw? :-)

I used to watch it when I was younger, but since I never discovered anything new worth listening to, I just quit.

I love the songs - they really show the diversity of the different countries - sort of like sports is a peaceful way for countries to interact, but the voting is ridiculous! An hour of watching to see who won - why do they do that??

It didn't use to take that much time because there were less countries taking part. Now there's so many that there needs to be semi-finals to reduce the number of countries in the finales.
    But last year they actually shortened the voting process if I remember well. You'd only hear the top three points of each country instead of everything from 8 to 12.
    Socially, the long voting serves a function though: if you're at a Eurovision party, that's when you can leave the room and get more food :-)

Thread Information