Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Uke Bank Account

Mobile, Alabama, USA. We get all of the Hurricanes and mosquitoes big enough to steal the children

Default Uke Bank Account

So, I'm buying a new ukulele, yet I have 0 dollars.. For this particular ukulele I will need some 1000-1500 dollars to buy it. I plan on owning this ukulele by springbreak. To do this I'm starting a savings account for the ukulele. I've just become a certified soccer Referee to make the money. Wish Me Luck!!

P.S
    I have no clue which ukulele I`m getting, but I figure that I have the time to decide.

lol, i think all of us here needs to start up a uke savings account.

starting a bank account for a premium uke is a great idea. good luck on ur journey.
    Keep it Funky, keep it sweet. Keep it UKE.

good luck on saving for that! if only there was a uke rewards card... for each dollar you spend, you get uke points which can be redeemed for a brand new uke! haha

Thats the way I have been getting my Ukulele's!!!

The money I make from teaching kayak lessons has been going to the uke store... to bad the seasons ending we had our last class last week.

Good luck on your savings plan.
    Ukulele, the most fun I've had being bad at something!!!

I had a cardboard box in my desk drawer and put my lunch moeny in it every day until I had enough for my second uke.

I imagine you might need a bigger box and go very hungry if you were to use the same system.

Good luck and congrats on becoming a referee
    Last edited by Jack33@; 08-04-2008 at 11:36 PM.
    Jack33

one and all

^ i did that, until my sister found out and was mooching all my gold coins, i only had something like $180... but it went down to lie 90 after she has finished'

1000-1500!!!.. i would spend 300 on a uke and go and buy chucks!!
    smart idea though, i wanted to make a seperate account before, half my pay goes in one... other half goes in the other - but dont have time to wait at banks -.-

300 bucks would be more than sufficient for a first uke. But still, starting from 0 and all, you have time to decide. I had a "horse" account when I was a kid. I think I got nearly to a thousand before a kind lady who owned a nice stable at the local fair talked to my parents about the serious support I'd need if I wanted a horse.

It wasn't long after that that account was depleted simply from boots and stuff. That account didn't even cover tack, much less the horse. (Although I got the horse for free, which is another story)

But still, good character-building stuff, and I got to compete and win... and loose to that kind lady many a times. Her awsomeness shines still, having recently read in a local paper that she was offering homes to retired police horses.

Heck, in the meantime, splurge on a MGM beginner package and get strumming!

That's a great idea, berylbite! I just hope you won't end up being disappointed, since you have your Bushman Engelmann for comparison!

Ah right, you've got a uke to play at least during the long wait to that next big something.

Do our profiles have a place where we can list what we have? I guess instead of asking I could just go check...

Thread Information