Might as well...

(the) Indigo Getdown

Reaction score
...seeing as how I've already been posting a bit and my first brand new uke is out for delivery as I type this, I might as well write up a brief intro :p

Let's see...been playing guitar for ten years, banjo for about four, a few odds and ends along the way and my love for string instruments is a bit surprising, considering I had a background in auxillary and marching percussion before laying fingers on my first six string.

So the ukulele is next on my journey towards folk instrument domination, and UU seems like a pretty sweet digital dive to get any and all information a new player could need. Great community too.

Anyway, so there you go :D

Welcome! Lots of guitarists "discovering" the uke.

Aloha TUG,
Welcome to the UU and our forums and the ukulele...have fun and enjoy..google Musicteacher2010 and Keonepax for Awesome video Tutorials and Dr Uke for songs, chords and instructions..
Happy strummings..MM Stan

Thanks guys!! :)

Phil- Ha, indeed, it seems a lot of guitarists are just know learning the ways of the uke. The one guy I knew who played a ukulele was originally a guitar player. He still enjoyed both, but I think he always favored his ukes a bit more.

Stan- Appreciate the tips dude, thanks!

Well, my Mainland arrived about an hour ago and I've been fooling around on the four chords I know and a few hammer-on and pull-offs techniques. Definately a quality instrument and looks absolutely stunning to boot. Reckon that little soprano I've been working on will have to take a backseat for a while ;)

Welcome to UU, Getdown!

The Mainland looks great. Glad to hear you're enjoying it. No one sells Mainlands near me, so I've never had a chance to play one. Don't forget that your little soprano will be great for hikes, the river, the beach, and car trips all summer long!

Happy New Uke Day to you!

Top Bottom