Thread: Anuenue Maui Mango Custom Soprano (NEW!)

Cool Anuenue Maui Mango Custom Soprano (NEW!)

I initially had a problem with this one, the action was a bit too low. I brought it to Anuenue and had it set-up, plays like a dream now! I tried it only a couple of times, I had buyers remorse because I realllly want a new tenor instead lol. I already have a few soprano models and I also plan on playing on stage in the near future and need something with a pickup. I'm selling this uke as new, since I've literally never sat down and actually played it for more than a couple minutes, mostly just checked the action and strummed it a bit. I'm asking for 500$ USD & S+H, which should be around 50$ for global shipping. This ukulele sells for 600+ shipping elsewhere online. Solid Mango Body, Grover Tuners, Bone Nut & Saddle, 16 frets. The photos shown are of the actual ukulele.

Last edited by Ataraxia; 06-01-2011 at 03:35 AM. Reason: Added Pics
    "The ukulele is a noble little instrument... anyone serious about music will eventually come to play one.

Bob Brozman

Sorry, I forgot to include a sound sample, here's someone playing the non-custom version of this model on Youtube...

I'm willing to go 10$ lower, it really is BRAND NEW. I own a shop here and sell many different ukuleles, I'm originally from Massachusetts though.
    Anyone interested? .
    "The ukulele is a noble little instrument... anyone serious about music will eventually come to play one.

Bob Brozman

Hippie Dribble Guest

hi Ataraxia,

nice looking uke!

maybe it's me but I would like to see some more photos of the uke. Front, back, head, soundhole, heel, side view, tuners etc I just feel it may give you more of a chance of selling it on the marketplace . Not sure that single photo does it justice...

Thanks for the suggestion! I'll add some new photos in a bit, I appreciate the input

Bob Brozman

Bob Brozman

Ok, so it is previously owned and also builder adjusted, so it isn't really new. Should we call it: Anoldold Mangi?

All ukuleles receive set-up prior to leaving the factory, how do you consider this to be any different? Factory set-ups are usually horrible and most shops will perform professional adjustments anyway. The luthier who set-up the action is licensed directly by Anuenue. As far as it being previously owned, all ukuleles are.. if you're buying from a store, that company was the previous owner. I received the instrument brand new in-box and played it about twice, I have many other ukuleles. Most ukes will get passed around on display for a month before leaving the store, and after having been played by more than a handful of individuals. I don't appreciate what you're insinuating, the ukulele is in perfect shape as you can see from the photos, and I'm selling it at well below most store's prices.

Bob Brozman

I'm sorry if that came off as confrontational, I really didn't mean it to. I just wanted to make myself clear, it's not a USED instrument, not anymore than any uke in another music shop would be. Also, for a price comparison: on Ukulele Movement, this sells for 712$ + S&H... Guitar Junky sells this same ukulele for 610$ + Taxes + Shipping.

Bob Brozman

Thread Information