Kiss From A Rose

Nuprin

Reaction score
My attempt at Kalei Gamiao's arrangement of "Kiss from a Rose." I simplified it a bit with less flourishes. Using my Moore Bettah tenor (thanks Chuck...I love this uke!!!).

This must be the song to learn now that Dominator released the tabs for it because everyone's putting out videos of it now. So far I'm only to the chorus.

Very, very nice job though. Chuck makes one fine uke and you do it justice!

Last edited:
This must be the song to learn now that Dominator released the tabs for it because everyone's putting out videos of it now. So far I'm only to the chorus.

Very, very nice job though. Chuck makes one fine uke and you do it justice!

Dominator has a tab for it? I'll have to go look for it. I figured this out about 5 months ago (which is why I simplified it...I couldn't figure out what Kalei was doing half the time!). With Dominator's tab I might be able to play it correctly!

Beautiful playing Chris. Fantastic work. Just loved it. Amazing really....

Thanks for making me look so good.

I still think an absolute beginner would sound good playing one of your ukes Chuck!

Great job Chris, and nice uke!

Your collection is getting pretty amazing and I just noticed you have a Breedlove tenor coming. I bet that will be a nice one.

Yeah, pretty excited about it. I thought the Breedlove American Series tenor sounded great in UU's coverage of NAMM. A couple of weeks ago I came across the video again and decided to research whether they had been released. They had, and I found a refurbished one (apparently the logo has a little excess glue on it) for a couple hundred cheaper than street price. I jumped on it and put down some money. My uke fund is pretty tight right now but I should finish paying it off in a couple of weeks. I've done a video comparing my custom tenors...I think a video comparing my production tenors (Breedlove, Pono, Bruce Wei) will be in order.

Aloha Nuprin, that was great !!! Thanks for sharing.

Just lovely. Thanks for sharing. Oh man, I wish I could have one of Chuck's ukes.

Top Bottom